things we werent told

I don't use fairy, I buy whatever is on offer.

I wasn't told about Piles after chilbirth, it was like poo'ing razor blades for about 4 months after :blush:I thought that Vitamin D is for breast-fed babies only as Formula has enough in it?

x

tell me about it hun xxx:wacko:

:rofl: Did you think you were having a baldy...

...Its true tho, first time mums are buggered if nobody gives them a heads up!

yep i thought there was something wrong with him lol! Good job i have sisters who have had kids!! Unfortunately they had them when i was too young to realise x

i wasnt told how quickly they grow and time goes... nothing could have prepared me for that :cry:

Mine was how very hard and painfull BF would be to start with. I guess they don't wanna put people off.. haha

As for the Vit D thing, I think it only really applies to parts of the world that experience very dark winters, with very few daylight hours (some parts of Cananda I think) if you live in the UK they don't offer/advise on Vit D. As someone else said, normal day to day outings provide enough daylight for this.

Non-Bio is better for LO skin but not all need it, just the sensitive ones :)

As for the bloddy weigh in issue, you DO NOT have to go and get LO weighed ever if you don't want, I didn't. I could see he was gaining and feeding well so no need to take him to a chilly clinic and have him stripped naked once a week so I could then spend the next week worrying about the fact that he gained/lost a lb. They do make it sound like it's obligatory but it isn't. Neither is the so called "hearing test" they do in the first week or two. I refused this as I knew he could hear and didn't want the HV poking around in his ears for no apparent reason with a test that is soooo often wrong/inconclusive.

Finally, the section dressing. If you don't feel comfortable removing it yourself you can make an app with the nurse at your GP to get it removed.

Vit D are usually given to BF babies as formula already have Vit D in it. But they gave it to Omar here. If your LO is exposed to enough sunlight, they dont really need it.

things i wouldve liked to have known:
like pp said about the twinkle having to be pointed down otherwise they have a random patch of wetness up their backs.
not all newborn babies just sleep and eat lol
when there exposed to the element (nappy off) they like to pee all over you
the first few weeks are so hard and tiring
not to buy so many newborn and 0-3 clothes he grew out of them so fast

<3

That when they say babies sleep all the time, they mean that it would be in 1-2 hour blocks most of the day and night and by the time you put them down, went to the loo, grabbed a bite to eat and lay down to close your eyes because everyone says "sleep when baby sleeps," that baby would then wake and be ready for another feed.

That tired would take on a whole new meaning in a realm you could never have imagined possible before having a baby.

That you can be doing everything right and breastfeeding can still hurt in the beginning, and that even if it is a natural instinct and behavior, it's still a learned skill for mum and baby.

That when they say babies sleep all the time, they mean that it would be in 1-2 hour blocks most of the day and night and by the time you put them down, went to the loo, grabbed a bite to eat and lay down to close your eyes because everyone says "sleep when baby sleeps," that baby would then wake and be ready for another feed.

And that even when you shoudl be sleeping, you can't cos LO will make a noise that you just have to check on, or you are overtired yourself....

That you can change a baby twice in 3 hours, due to a leaking nappy, then a milky vom...

I wasn't told about growth spurts. Thankfully I learnt about them on here.

I don't use non bio soap powder stuff, I use surf and then comfort fabric conditioner, The on in the white bottle.

urrrm, probably loads of other things, but I can't remember them at the moment.

Nobody told me you could break your tailbone while giving birth. :wacko: One year on and it still hurts!

What's with the Vitamin D and Fairy washing tablets? :shrug:
Noone told me' how random some of the 'rules' would be until I read this :lol:

Mine is deffinately

- that breastfeeding doesnt always come naturally and can be very painful and alot of hard work :(

- growth spurts

I wish I was told things could go wrong! I wish I had known Thomas was poorly and would need an operation when he was born, I had no idea and I was so shocked when he was born. I am still not over it and am having councilling. I know some people would rather not have known, but the shock was so awful and I feel it has affected mental wellbeing. I was so chilled before and now I worry about everything.
They should have picked up the problem at his 20 week scan and I am very angry they rushed the scan and it wasnt picked up.
xxx

Okay.
I wish someone had told me that she would be the most beautiful, funny little girl ever. I was so, so nervous about being a mummy and it's not scary, it's amazing and she has me laughing all day.

Okay.
I wish someone had told me that she would be the most beautiful, funny little girl ever. I was so, so nervous about being a mummy and it's not scary, it's amazing and she has me laughing all day.

Thats such a beautiful positive thing to say and has made me smile. Totally agree with you though. It may have seemed daunting at first, but motherhood truly is amazing. :flower:

In the UK, I think it's a North/South thing re: Vit D drops - we get less sun up here!

I take a vitamin D supplement, despite taking LO out every day. This was recommended in the NHS pregnancy booklet

https://www.nhs.uk/Planners/breastfeeding/Pages/breastfeeding-diet.aspx

I just had my third baby, and have never had vitamin D drops mentioned to me. Were up north too. x

Well Mog didn't have Vitamin D drops, or get weighed again after her six week check up, and I've always washed her clothes with biological washing powder. It's obviously a miracle she hasn't developed rickets, starved or developed psoriasis ;) Some things you can take with a pinch of salt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->