things we're grateful for --and not so

princess2323

Finally a Mom
Reaction score
so as some of us are nearing the end of the second tri and some of us are just coming into it---- i thought it would be nice to start a list

so i';m gonna start in no particular order

things i;m grateful for
1) that i never once puked
2) that i have a pretty baby bump
3) that i know what im having
4) for the person(s) who invented ultrasounds ---love seeing baby on the screen
5) the first kicks at 18 1/2 weeks and the ones i get now of course --just a reminder that he's doing well in there and that he's coming soon
6) to be almost at the 100 day count down
7) not having to deal with aunt flo --although i really do hope that it goes back to the normal monthly ones---i hated skipping and gaining weight from skipping (every other month plan---and no it wasnt birth control--my body was trying to get pregnant but just kept missing or changing its mind---lol)
8) to be more than half way towards the finish line--counting down the weeks now--- cant wait until i reach the single digits
9) to actually have some energy ---even though i hate getting out of bed early ---and love power naps--- ten-twenty min ones do wonders lol
10) that i'm hopefully moving and wont have to live under my parents roof with their nagging ---and actually getting some privacy
11) oh---how could i forget---that i can actually put my own socks on---well with some difficulty---have to sit to reach my feet--lol--- but hey i can at least see my socks and shoes to see if they match---hahah
12) and most of all ---that i've got all of u to talk to cause i sure cant depend on my ob for everything ---besides she only sees me for like less than ten min. at a time---which i dont think is enough =--- and some stuff i'd rather not ask my mother ---lol---
13) for maternity pants---yes---- why??? b/c i dont have to notice how much i've outgrown my normal pants--- couldnt wear them after the first 2 months--- lets just say i';m grateful for old navy's maternity line cause they make great pants/jeans at a reasonable price--oh and i can actually get away with wearing them for the first couple months postpartum cause u cant tell that they're maternity unless u c the stretchy wasteband---that i always fold over anyway--- i dont like my pants over my belly--lol
14) that someone out there decided that the baby doll tops were the hot fall item--- cause no offense but i dont particularly like maternity tops---even though i have a few--- i like the baby doll tops cause i can wear them and still look like i got a pretty bump---i dont like oversized shirts --- or sweat pants for that matter--- that and it wouldnt look professional for my job--- teaching at the college level--- oh and yes i do teach in jeans--- and luv every moment of it
15) for winter vacation--- yes admit it --we're all anxious for the holidays cause it means more me time--or more time to be distracted with other stuff and the days and weeks will go by faster without our knowing it--- that and for a lot of us we'll b having our babies not too long after the holidays --- or during the holidays ----YAY!!!--that and it;ll be the most rest most of us will get before baby arrives at least for me i would be in my 9th month then (after new years of course)
16) for labor and delivery being the miracle weight loss program---lol----but i'm terrified of it at the same time--- i dont know how i'll deal with the pain of childbirth---i'll admit it im a wuss ---and i;m one of those people who refuse to take medication of any sort (cant even take my vitamins ---lol) unless im like dying or something--- id rather take the pain than choke down some nasty tasting pill
17) i'm most grateful to have a loving and comforting husband that at least atttempts to soothe my every pain and ache even when he's dead tired from working all night long---
18) to have a job----baby needs money --lol---still havent asked about maternity leave as i've only been teaching at this college a few months-- and kinda scared to ask--- waiting until i at least know what they're going to have me teach in the spring---
19) my growing tummy---yes i think pregnant bellys are cute--- and hoping that i'll get an outie---hahah--- hey i can hope cant i---lool

things im not grateful for
1) weight gain '---but like everyone else on here --- i will be grateful for the 6 weeks postpartum that u supposedly lose the most from
2) not being able to shave everything---lol at least i can stilll reach my legs with some difficulty---lol
3) that i'm not able to bend over like i used to ----even trying to reach a pen off the floor is difficult---but at least i can still do it --lol
4) my mother thinking that i put on a ton of weight b=/c she only put on 15 throughout her whole pregnancy with most of her kids and lost it all at the hospital--- and could fit into her normal jeans after delivery---hey we're not all that fortunate---
5) that i'll soon be able to fit into normal jeans again ---i miss all my old clothes---and hey an excuse to buy new clothes--hhaha
6) feeling like im squishing baby if i press on my tummy or move in a certain way
7) people looking at me like are u eating enough--- or here have some more---you;re pregnant---hey i;ll eat when im hungry dont look at me like that (mostly family)
8) gaining 20 pounds before getting pregnant while ttc and skipping lots of periods
9) having a super strong sense of smell---although a lot of people think its a plus--- ya it is unless strong smells make u want to gag even if u dont gag
10) not spending a lot of time with hubby cause of our work schedules ---at least we have dinner together cause i take him dinner each day
11) dont like when people look at me and are like so when are ur twins due---or i wasnt that big when i was ___months--- i wasnt that big until i was ready to deliver---hey keep it to yourselves
12) oh and people who you've never met or seen that just grab ur stomach ---im like look u deranged person dont touch me---although i dont mind it when my friends do it =thats diff. ----oh and guys that hit on u while pregnant--- hello im pregnant that doesnt mean im eligible get lost--- besides dont u see this freakin ring on my finger its there for a reason--- oh and yes i admit when i see some guy looking at me esp. when im driving-- i flash my ring in a casual way like turning it towards them while on the steering wheel lol--- so they can quit they're gawking---lol
13) particular family members nagging me and hubby to get preggo and then not caring when we did--- or consistly staring at my tummy when they see me like wow its gottten so big--- but not having the guts to say something to me and rather they;ll say something to my mother or just give me that look that says it all and then mom has to say something about it and make a big deal out of it... like u shouldnt have worn this or that--it makes ur tummy look bigger---u should try to hide it-did u see the way they were looking at u---im like look i'll wear whatever i damn well please

ok im going to quit now this list is extremely long already0----lol so go ahead and add ur own---
and yes this does appear to be the longest post ever---lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->