think i have a problem with food

kate1984

Expecting a Princess
Reaction score
Hi everybody, im starting to think i might have a problem with food and after some advice really please dont have a go at me just tell me what you think.

I have always been skinny until i had kids, then i developed pcos and have struggled to get weight off and it has slowly creeped up. This past few weeks i have noticed that im making excuses to not eat with my partner saying that i have eaten when I havent. I dont mind cooking for him infact I love it.

I am counting calories to a silly extent and going to the gym. I went to ibiza recently and had so much envy for the gorgeous girls round the pool in there bikini's and i just wanted to get a knife and carve off my thighs :cry:

My DF says im beautifull but I feel like a monster, i look in the mirror and just want to curl up and cry... i dont know how i let myself get like this.

I havent eaten anything yet today, just ice water and 1 cup of coffee but feel so nauseaus if i think about eating as it will just make me fatter.

i want to be healthy but i want to be beautifull more

To be honest, you'll see much better results if you lose weight the healthy way. Losing weight by not eating isn't really productive because you'll pile it all back on.

You owe it to your little one to be the best Mum you can. In order to do that you need to be eating properly and be healthy. Not eating enough is dangerous. Eating properly doesn't have to mean gaining weight. You can eat properly and still lose weight.

We've all been there, looked in the mirror and hated what we see. The best thing you can do is draw up a healthy eating plan and stick to it, I know its hard but its the only way things will improve. Also by not eating, you're more likely to keep the weight, I find the days I eat more (healthy) then I lose more.

:hugs:

It sounds as though you may have the start of an eating disorder. Trust me hun, you DO NOT want to go down this route. I have suffered from one for eleven years now and it has made my life nothing but a misery. :( I strongly suggest you go to your G.P. who can refer you for counselling. You need to nip this in the bud before it progresses. :hugs:

It's true that if you starve yourself, you will not only NOT lose weight, but you will most likely pile it on when you do eat. Your body will go into starvation mode and will store any calories you put into it. You will ruin your metabolism this way. The best thing to do is to eat lean proteins, vegetables, fruits, and complex carbs, and enough of all these too. Eat 6 times a day, but smaller meals. And drink water. Trust me, doing these things alone will make you drop weight, but adding exercise to it will work even faster. Don't over train either. Your body needs time to rest and recoup. Even if you did lose weight starving yourself, you will be thin and flabby and out of shape. The only way to get a sculpted body is to do it the right way and healthy way. You will feel a million times better too. With not eating, you must lack energy. You would be amazed how you would feel if you ate, but just ate right! If you feel you can't do this because you feel you may have an eating disorder, please get help, because eating disorders can kill. There's nothing wrong with wanting to feel and look good, but remember that there is more to life than looks. Your kids need you to be healthy!

Hey,
Sorry to hear your having problems with food.
I think lots of people feel under such pressure to "snap" back into shape after having a baby. This is unrealistic and unhealthy.
You can enjoy your food and get in good shape.
Its great your going to the gym, but you need to eat or your metabolism will slow down and make it harder for you to stay slim. Not only that but your body needs essential vitamins and minerals in order to stay well.
Have you thought about talking to your doctor to discuss a healthy way of maintaining/losing weight? They are always the best first point of call to do things better long term.
You look beautiful anyway, so don't give yourself a hard time.
Have you thought about talking to your OH about your worries?
x

I have a appointment with my doctor on Wednesday and I have been eating small healthy meals. Thankyou to those who replied x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->