Think I may have found the name!

theamanda

NTNP
Reaction score
Finding a name has been suuucchh a stressful task! Dh is very picky and has turned down pretty much EVERY name in the book! Anyone ever see the movie "Due date" with Zack Galifinakis (spelling?) Well yeah... THAT picky lmbo! Anywhoo, today I decided to resort to my favorite bands, looking at the member names, seeing if there was any I liked. Well, 2 of the bands used names like "Robbie" and "Rob"... I realized that I really like the name "Robert"... It has soo many nicknames you can use with it! Rob, Robbie, Bob, Bobby. He will have so many options! Well, I asked Dh his thoughts on the name and he said he kinda liked it. :) which is a HUGE thing, considering how picky he is! :cloud9: Im so glad that we atleast can agree on one! So, tell me ladies, does my LO look like a "Robert" ?
https://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s636/AmandaMcCall2012/2013-03-21_15-54-13_548_zpsa55a3864.jpg
I know its pretty much impossible to put a name with a face via Ultrasound, lol. This is just for fun and opinions :)

If youd like, you can also suggest a middle name :D
Last name is "McCall"

Thanks ladies! :hugs:

I love Robert, such a strong and handsome name in my opinion. Classic without being overly popular (at the moment, anyhow). We are considering it too, as we are looking for a name that works in English and Spanish and Robert/Roberto is a good one.

If we do go with Robert(o) the middle name would either be Alan (a-LAN rather than AL-an in Spanish) or Carlos, or maybe no middle name. I like both in Spanish pronunciation but don't like the English versions, so picky! What kind of names do you like? Any family members you're thinking about honouring?

Oh yeah, the nicknames potentia is a big thing for me, too. Robert has those in abundance and I like them all... even Bert haha. I am also considering Ronald/Ronaldo as it is my dear dad's name and I love the nickname Ronnie. HUE appeal for me in the NNs.

Thanks ladies! :)
I agree, it is very strong! And it isn't being used very often anymore. That would be cool, if we were both using that name! We'd be like "name buddies" lol.. I really like the middle name "Alan"! I may have to run that by Dh if we choose to stick with Robert. ;)
I think "Ronald" is a cute name! I could never use it because Dh name is the same, but with a "D" (trying to not put his name directly up here lol) and its a transcends name, so my step son has it too. Lol. That would be too many "_onald" s :haha:
It does have alot of nicknames too! I'm big on that, because I'm a firm believer that no one really "likes" their own name.. So its nice that he would be able to come up with something he likes to go by. :)
My Dh liked the name "Cameron", and thats the only one he liked until now... But I just couldn't swallow that. Lmao. Maybe if the middle name started with a "j" (so he could go by "CJ") but Dh didnt want that... I just couldn't picture referring to my boy as "Cam" in the future. Nor does the name seem like a name of a manly man. Lol... Itd be weird working at a business with a bunch of normal named people, and being "Cameron". Yugh... Lol I also feel the same way about all of the other "soft" names, such as Aiden, camden, Landon, etc... I mean, they are Cute for babies! But what happens when they grow older..? Idk, maybe I'm just too picky.. Lmao

I like Robbie, it's cute! I also like Robin and would be seriously considering that for our LO if it didn't open him up to a lifetime of Batman related teasing :haha:

Middle name wise I'm a fan of picking a family name, like a grandad or dads name. Is there anything there that works for you?

I wish! Lol.. My dad isn't a very good person, so he's not in my life. I couldn't use his name for a goldfish :haha: Lol.. But I will have to look into the grandfather, uncle, etc. It may be worth looking into! Thanks! :hugs:

i think its nice... im like that with names, i think of all the different nicknames they have to choose from (the more options the more likely they are to like one lol)

my sons name is Cain Jake, and can be:

Cain
Jake or Jakey (the one he goes by)
CJ or C-Jay
Cai
Jay

but he still managed to get the odd nickname of 'plum' from my family lol

Lol :D Plum, that's precious!
Sooo, DH came home from work, and told me he decided he didnt really like Robert as much. He said he wanted the perfect name, and if he would pick Robert he would feel like he's just "settling" for a name. But he lightened up the morning by making little name jokes, like what would happen if we named our son "Maximus Leonidas Sparticus McCall". He had me cracking up! So I guess it's back to square one. He has informed me that he is looking at names, so at least he is putting forth an effort now. I didn't think he was as frustrated about it as I am but he even sympathized with me about it. :hugs: he is full of surprises!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->