Think I'll be Sad to not be Pregnant?

newlywedtzh

A Mom At Last!
Reaction score
I just had the weirdest feeling. I think because I had a history of loss I was anxious a lot of the pregnancy and just wanted to get to the end and have a healthy baby in my arms. But now that I'm nearing the end I'm feeling sad that I maybe didn't embrace being pregnant and that I'll miss it. I feel like I would flip flop between thinking pregnancy is beautiful and enjoying it to then complaining about all of the pregnancy symptoms and feeling impatient and counting down til the end. I guess all I can do is enjoy these last few weeks (or days?) of being pregnant and having a baby belly.

For you veteran moms- Did you miss being pregnant? Were/are your subsequent pregnancies as exciting as the first?

I'm with you on this. I didn't enjoy pregnancy. My first pregnancy ended in mc and I felt a anxious most of this pregnancy. I hesitantly enjoyed each milestone. However, I'm excited about my pregnancy coming to an end so I can meet my lo.

This is my third full-term pregnancy and I've enjoyed it MORE than the others. I struggled with some major issues with the first two that had nothing to do with the pregnancies and everything to do with problems I had before pregnancy (depression, anxiety, disordered eating). I felt guilty a lot during the pregnancies because while they were great, I was constantly afraid I was hurting my babies with poor choices. Of course, my beauty babes are just perfect but still....

This time, I made sure I got my shit together before pregnancy. As much as possible, at least. I know I'll miss being pregnant for sure since I am so relaxed in the place I am in mentally - but I am looking forward to meeting my wee one AND it may not be the last, so there's always that to hang on to!

I missed it.. and I also worried. When she was in my belly I could always protect her she was always safe, now she's out here in this big scary world. It only stuck with me for a few days then faded.

I had a loss in 2011 and so have been a lot more anxious this pregnancy than with my 1st. I don't think I really started to relax until mid-2nd tri. That said, I've tried my best to appreciate each milestone along the well and to give thanks for being on this journey. Getting a journal and writing in it really has helped me in processing the experience too. This probably will be my last pregnancy and so I really want to savour it - I know I'll miss it when I'm not pregnant. I'm already feeling sad thinking about it and I'm still pregnant!

Did you have a Journal?

After my daughter, I got serious blues, I missed my bump so much it hurt.... This time I cannot wait not to be pregnant.... I need my body n hips back now. Pain is an understatement.

I missed pregnancy from the moment I gave birth. I too suffered loss before I had my DD and spent so much time worrying about everything that I only really stopped to enjoy it right at the end. After giving birth I was desperate to be pregnant again and I remained that way until I conceived this LO.

What is sad is that I told myself it would be different this time - I would be less worried, relax more and focus on all the exciting milestones. However, a lot of the same anxieties came back to plague me, even though bubs has never given me any reason to believe that everything will be anything other than okay. I think, for me, TTC and early pregnancy will always be tied up with a lot of anxiety and worry and I am coming to terms with that now. From 20 weeks I really began to enjoy things and now I wish time would slow down as it's going so quickly! I love being pregnant and I know I will miss it again, however we will not be trying for a 3rd for a long time so I will have to come to terms with my broodiness this time.

I didn't enjoy my first pregnancy at all - yet I was completely healthy. I had zero problems after ms (if you ignore heartburn) I just hated the attention and I was very selfconscious about my size. I can't say I missed being pregnant but I regretted not enjoying it. I hid my bump in clothes and pretended I wasn't expecting. Afterwards I felt like I'd missed the point. This time I was adamant I would embrace pregnancy. I'm not worrying about what I eat, how much I weigh and I'm proudly showing my bump off. I'm much happier but already I'm feeling sad that its nearly done. It doesn't help that I'm dreading the first 6wks pp. Having done that bit once I'm very aware of how much that bit sucks!

I didn't enjoy my first pregnancy at all - yet I was completely healthy. I had zero problems after ms (if you ignore heartburn) I just hated the attention and I was very selfconscious about my size. I can't say I missed being pregnant but I regretted not enjoying it. I hid my bump in clothes and pretended I wasn't expecting. Afterwards I felt like I'd missed the point. This time I was adamant I would embrace pregnancy. I'm not worrying about what I eat, how much I weigh and I'm proudly showing my bump off. I'm much happier but already I'm feeling sad that its nearly done. It doesn't help that I'm dreading the first 6wks pp. Having done that bit once I'm very aware of how much that bit sucks!

Yup, I am totally with you on that :nope: I am hoping experience will count for something here as it was such a shock to the system last time. Definitely in no rush to go through that already!

Glad it's not just me! The memory of those weeks put me off trying for this lo for months! Fingers crossed for a better experience this time for both of us. xx

This is my second, and I missed being pregnant. OF course, there were plenty of things I DIDN'T miss about it, but overall I was happy to be pregnant again the second time. This time, I know it's my last, so I feel like I want to soak up every minute of the experience to try to hold onto. But, as usual, it'll fade with time.

I've been even busier during this pregnancy than the last one, so it hasn't been quite as exciting as the first. But, it's still pretty exciting. :)

Thanks for all the responses!! I'm going to savor the very end of it and I think next time (God Willing) I will try to embrace it a bit more. I'm hoping knowing that I can carry to term will help ease some anxiety in any future pregnancies.

Don't wish away those first 6 weeks either! I didn't find these the worst but maybe that's because he didn't sleep through the night until nearly 9 months so the whole not getting sleep wasn't just at the start.

With My first pregnancy I probably had more time to sit and think about it and get excited imagining what having a baby would be like. This time around I was working and am still running after a toddler but I try to make time to connect with this baby as sometimes in the mad rush it doesn't feel real. I had a mc before DS and two before this pregnancy so I couldn't enjoy either in the first tri.

I really need to try harder to enjoy this pregnancy and not wish it away!

Oh man I hated my first pregnancy I had tooth problems, chest infections, anaemia etc etc. Then an awful labor.

I must have forgotten because here I am again. Don't get me wrong I feel greatful and happy to be growing a new life especially after having had a miscarriage...

But pregnancy turns me into a nervous wreck! I can't relax at all I'm scared all the time something will go wrong and I'm dreading labor.

I won't miss being pregnant one tiny bit. I much prefer once the babies here. The only nice bits for me are the bump. I LOVE having a bump. And the babies movements. Other than that I just get anaemic and suffer terribly lol

Apple - my experience wasn't down to lack of sleep. My son slept better as a newborn. After thst he was horrendous from 4mths until 18mths!! We had colic and bfing issues in the beginning and I took a long time to recover from birth. I'm hoping I'll have it a bit easier second time around.

Apple - my experience wasn't down to lack of sleep. My son slept better as a newborn. After thst he was horrendous from 4mths until 18mths!! We had colic and bfing issues in the beginning and I took a long time to recover from birth. I'm hoping I'll have it a bit easier second time around.

:hugs: Very similar experience here too Nic, coupled with some mental health issues that came as a complete surprise to me. I am working on the basis that things will be easier this time though :flower:

Ahh I see just remember it doesn't mean you will have those issues again. I struggled to breast feed and ending up pumping I know I can't do that this time (so time consuming pumping and feeding) so I'm just going to have to be more pro-active at getting help. Colic is horrible we had a relatively mild does where he would cry every eve due to trapped wind. Yeah that was fun!

I'm hoping so but I think I'm much better prepared this time, so if not I've got a clue what to do and with another one at home I won't wait to seek help if this baby needs it for the colic and reflux issues. If I get a straight forward baby Im not sure ill know what to do! :haha:

I don't hate being pregnant, and I've always wanted to be so. But pregnancy with twins that are measuring big is hard and I've still got nearly 8 weeks to go. I want them to stay put as long as they should but definitely looking forward to the moment its time for them to come out and I can stop being pregnant. It feels like I've been pregnant for ever (DH says the same). We are not planning any more children so only time will tell if I miss pregnancy, I don't think I will. We could drag this thread up in a years time and say whats the case

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->