Think I'm gonna have to give up BF :(

Thanks for all the advice, I'm thinking we may have a case of thrush! Just noticed thick white gunk on LO's tongue, and even without as much BF my boobs are still quite sore, and it's more a pain from inside than the type you get with cracked nipples etc. I've tried over the weekend to get her back to the breast and she's gone on a few times but I'm so paranoid about her not getting enough that I'm still topping up with formula. I feel so bad about giving her formula when I really wanted to BF, but I also worry about her weight gain as she lost a bit for the first couple of weeks, and is due to be weighed again tomorrow as she still wasn't back up to birth weight at her 3 week check.
I'm finding formula a nightmare though, BF was so much easier although FF seems so much quicker for the actual feeding, but I seem to be constantly sterilising and sorting out feeds and still trying to find time to pump to keep my supply as long as possible so she can still get some breastmilk.
Heading to a La Leche clinic this afternoon as a last ditch attempt to save us!

Cleaning and sterilizing isn't so bad I just made sure I had plenty of bottles and washed them all once he went to bed.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Thanks for all the advice, I'm thinking we may have a case of thrush! Just noticed thick white gunk on LO's tongue, and even without as much BF my boobs are still quite sore, and it's more a pain from inside than the type you get with cracked nipples etc.

No wonder she is fussing, I believe oral thrush can be very sore, poor baba!

Still go to the LLL meeting though as they can support you getting the right medication to make sure it clears, and give you ongoing advice about latch issues.

I felt so desperate at that period in time, kept being told LO was too small etc. ended up giving formula top ups at six weeks (which made no diff to her weight - she was just meant to be small), gave them up again and went back to just bf. LO didn't wean off the boob till 27months so IF you WANT to carry on there is help out there to get you back on track, but I'd never judge anyone for stopping bf as at times I thought I was going to go postal on the world!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->