think its getting easier...

pcsoph2890

Reaction score
I don't want to tempt fate, but it's been a hard slog over nearly three weeks now.
I have had extremely sore nipples and they are getting toughened up. I have had to combination bf and ff up to now as I have been in tears with the pain and dreading feeding her so.much that to be honest I put off feeding her. But I've had amazing help from friends and family and bf support workers to get me this far.

I would not say yet it is enjoyable, but getting a lot more comfortable.

I am trying to get to the point where I am ebf her but I am happy with topping her up with ff as and when I am feeling sore (I do not wAnt to get that sore again to prevent me from bf totally).
One thing that is worrying me is after each feed she still is hungry??? I try to let her delatches herself, but sometimes this can take 40 mins on each boob....

But slowly getting more confident with bf!!!

That is great! It's so hard at first but it gets so much easier. I hope things continue to improve :flower:

It's normal to feed long for some babies, she's regulating your supply and probably with the FF top ups she's having to work a bit harder.

Keep going, you're doing wonderfully, your nips will be strong very soon!

Just a quick question cause I'm 50/50 with breast/ff if I managed to ebf would my supply increase..... it's just when I bf her she still seems ravenous afterwards - and after 1.5hrs on the boob I am getting quite tender, so top her up with formula which she fizzles down.
I'm sure she's getting something on me as she is gulping and sucking correctly.

There is nothing more I would love than to ebf, but feel I get too sore by the end of the day/night and with the length of time she takes to feed I do not wAnt to.Get as sore as I have been in the past which prevents me from doing any bf.

I suppose I just feel guilty not being able to ebf and very envious of those that are able to.do it too!!!

Your supply will not increase until you reduce the formula. Baby has to demand the milk for you to produce it. So you would need to cut out / reduce the formula to increase your milk supply.

You also need to make sure you are eating plenty and stay well hydrated.

You could try pumping after feeding to help increase supply, but pumps make me more sore than baby does. The best way is just to get baby on the boob as much and as often as possible.

Just a word of warning, somewhere between 5-7 weeks, you are likely to hit a growth spurt. This is a time when most mums think their supply is not enough and it is a big breast feeding hurdle. Stick it out, feed lots, it should only last a few days, it exhausting, but it does pass. Don't increase the formula during this time, make your body do the work.

Thanks I'm trying to reduce ff today as I so want to ebf with a very occasional ff if hubby needs to feed her.

I will get there, I'm that stubborn I'm determined!!!

Good for you, you have the right attitude, and that's half the battle. :)

I did tempt fate, got a cracked right nipple....which is excruciating when feeding her. Feeding Eve on one boob is hard and she is having a right chomp Down on th nipples today. So.tonight no chance to try to ebf her.
I feel.as though it's one step.forward and three back. I just think my body is telling me it just can't do it. Damn you nipples!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->