Thinking about IVF and Donor Egg question??

I will ask my FS when I next see her about their policy about eggs as it seems theres differing 'cut off' ages. Im 39 in a month and so thats not much time if I want to carry a couple of kids arrgghhhhhhhhh!

if I were to have a donor egg I would also try to get someone with physical attributes as me to mix with hubbies sperm. However I do want to adopt when in my 40's and actually quite like the idea of a baby from a different race or culture. I have heard of children who dont look like their family having problems (saw one case on intervention, he was a drug addict and they showed him arriving from india as a boy) but I hope thats rare and we can bring them up to know the looks/skin colour dont matter.

good luck Garnet ..when are you planning on starting ivf?

Well I figure if I was going to pay money for a donor egg, I would want to select a donor with similar features. I was also thinking also would we tell the child that she or he is not biological mine or is it going to open a whole bunch of worms. I don't know how much it is going to cost yet for the donor egg. The IVF, I was told in the ballpark of $10,000 for IVF treatment. My husband and I are still in parlaying about it. He is kinda tight with the money. We do need to decide soon! I'm going to start doing some investigative work about the fertility clinics in this area and the costs. After all the facts are gathered then we will decide what is best for us...

Good luck Garnet, that is a hard decission to make. I would want to try to use my own eggs and test them before transfer if possible. But I wouldn't say that donor eggs would be out of the question, I just prefer my own if possible. I wish you the best outcome possible!

Best of luck Garnet!!!!

Hope it works out quick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"