Thinking about not finding out the sex of bub

PregE

Reaction score
Anyone else here thinking about or not going to find out the sex of their baby?

I like the idea of it the more I think about it :)

I think it would be sooo much more special to give birth and be suprised of the sex. I also read something the other day that stuck with me, about how if you know the sex of the baby you have a pre-concieved image of who they are so it lessens the emotion of meeting them for the first time.

It seems like I am the only one.. haha

I decided not to find out, and I'm so excited to find out on the day! I've got to the stage where there are no more scans or major pregnancy milestones, it's just a waiting game for the due date, so I feel like I still have something exciting to wait for, as well as baby arriving.

Tons of people don't find out :) we aren't finding out this time, we found out with our first - and so far, both ways are equally as fantastic. It was great knowing that we were having a boy as we had the name picked out and being able to call him Bobby was nice. We didn't have any massive preconcieved notions of what he would become... though DH joked/jokes about him being a professional hockey / MMA fighter - he would have done the same if DS was a girl.

Knowing that he was a boy didn't take away from how amazing it was when he was placed on my stomach... or when I heard him cry for the first time... or when he opened his eyes and looked at me for the first time... seeing DH hold him for the first time - it's your baby... words can't describe it... it will be the most incredible moment of your life.

Because this is our last time on this ride... we wanted to experience the delivery room surprise, and because this pregnancy is flying by I don't feel like it'll be an eternity before we meet him/her :)

I found out with my first 2 but didn't this time, im pleased we didn't find out and am really excited to find out once I give birth. I just keep picturing dh shouting "it's a ........"

We were team yellow both times so I can't compare with finding out, but we loved keeping it a surprise :). It was amazing to hear "it's a boy/girl" when they were born and to call our families with the news that they had a grandson/granddaughter :cloud9:. This time around I had 3 pregnant at the same time and as bad as it sounds the rest of our friendship group acted a lot more excited for my LO being born as the others found out the gender so there wasn't the same level of anticipation (which is silly as aside from the gender we didn't know anything about their babies either, people put too much emphasis on gender!)

Hi! I didn't find out for either of my pregnancies. Each way has its pros and cons, so everyone has their opinion on what they prefer to do. For me, I wouldn't have it any other way. It was the most amazing moment having my husband discover what we had when my daughter was born. This time it has been harder ( for some reason, I don't know why) not knowing this whole time. BUT I know it will all be worth it, can't wait for that spectacular moment with my husband again.
A lot of people think that's nuts, and enjoy the surprise with their husbands at the ultrasounds when they find out. And that's nice too.
It's just a personal decision, but I say definitely go for it!

Oh yay! Im not alone :)

What were your reasons for not finding out?

Are you finding its easy to shop for "baby" rather than boy or girl?, Im finding it fine.. I love the bright green, White with the baby brown is georgeous!!, and rainbow colours.. so I can have pink and blue and green and its not sexist :)

Lots of people don't find out!! :)

I am this time.. But I think for our second, I'll wait till delivery.. experience both ways..

I am too impatient this time around haha.

I chose not to find out and I am very happy with my decision. I could have found out at 15 weeks when I had my amniocentesis, but I resisted.

And the further I get in my pregnancy, the more excited I am for that delivery room moment when I will finally meet my baby and everything about him or her will be new to me.

we wanted to wait but then OH was sooooooo convinced it was a girl and so we caved in and found out so that he could get the blow now instead of when bub is born. We are super happy to be having a boy. I think OH was just hoping we'd have a girl so that we would have one of each in case we decided not to have any more babies.

dont find out hun. i did with this one and not my first, it was so special my dh telling me we had a daughter when is was born :)

Thanks guys :))

It's good to hear people who haven't found out day it's rewarding :)) I think I am going to stick with this decision .. It seems to be driving my friends mad haha ..

It's going to be a long wait but soo exciting :)

I think you're more likely to regret finding out than not finding out. You can't change your mind once you've already found out, but you're always going to know eventually if you don't find out, noone can be disappointed with the surprise! :)

We are team yellow for the 2nd time. It was the most amazing feeling when the midwife held up my baby so it I could see she was a girl. I had been convinced she was a boy for the entire pregnancy!

If I'm totally honest, part of me didn't want to find out in case I started to think 'I wish it was the other sex' ( I knew I wanted a daughter but was scared bacause I'm not very girly and I was also scared if it was a boy then I might never have a girl). I tend to over think things so I didn't want weeks and weeks to dwell on what I was having. I knew that by finding out at the birth, I would have a baby and would be over the moon whatever the sex. That's exactly what happened.

This time, I honestly couldn't care less what I have (although it's much harder to not know this time). It would be lovely for my daughter to have a sister but a boy would be lovely too!

With regards to buying things, we bought a few vests and sleepsuits in white and then when my daugher was born, we had so much bought for us by family and friends that we didn't need to buy much more. Like a previous poster said, people do tend to get more excited when you don't find out because it's a surprise for everyone.

Thanks guys :))

It's good to hear people who haven't found out day it's rewarding :)) I think I am going to stick with this decision .. It seems to be driving my friends mad haha ..

It's going to be a long wait but soo exciting :)

Not finding out really wound up my MIL :haha: She offered to pay for a 3D scan for us so she could find out. She couldn't understand why we didn't want to know because all the pregnant women she worked with had all had 3D scans!

We're the last couple in a large group of friends to have a baby, most of the others found out what they were having when they were expecting, and it did feel more special and exciting for the rest of us with the ones who were expecting surprises. The ones who found out gender beforehand already named their babies, and we all talked about them by name months before they arrived, so it wasn't as exciting when they were born as it was like we already knew so much about them, even though it was just name and gender. I'm enjoying all the guessing games and wives tales still too!

Another cool thing that I personally like about team yellow (this is our first pregnancy).is I read that if you have a shower ppl trend to buy you what you need, since they can't obsess over buying a million pink tutus or something if it was a girl, etc. I know some people like that. But I think I am a very practical person and don't mind dressing the baby "plainly" for a while in neutral clothes. Once again, not knocking people who like the opposite, it just fits my personality and I like the idea of getting gifts that are very helpful instead of mounds of clothes they might never even wear.

i'm not finding out. we didnt with our first either. i think it's such a lovely surprise the gender guess threads really wind me up!

someone commented on the gender of this baby from my 12 week scan pic.. mmmm yes keep that to yourself thanks!

We're not finding out. We managed to get through the 20 week scan without seeing anything revealing. Lol. I'm happy with our decision but have been soo tempted to give in and find out. Mainly because so many people don't ne'er stand why we'd want to keep it a surprise. I've ha so many people ask me if we know but we're just not telling anyone. No, we don't know.

Saying that, I do enjoy the gender guesses and old wives tales. None of its going to convince me one way or the other until he/she is here in my arms and we can see for ourselves. But it's just a bit of fun. :)

Hehe yeah..

I am convinced mine is a girl but I can't be sure either because I have no proof. I also feel like I might be dissapointed if I find out through scan.. Like I want a boy first but a girl to dress up cute and be my mini me haha.. But if it came to meeting him/her I would be over the moon either way.. Funny how it can change your mindset when you find out.

I also don't want to be brought too many pink or blue clothes so I can re-use for my second baby.. and It's in my house so if its all pink my partner is going to feel like it isn't his space anymore.. If I found out I would also buy unneccesary things just because I knew the sex.. I would rather save and get baby what it really needs, like nappies e.t.c.

Im really excited about giving birth and finding out now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->