Thinking about waiting...

BurtonBaby

Reaction score
Ok, better not let DH see this thread.. :shhh: since he has already agreed to TTC in October 09, but I am thinking about if I wanna wait longer. I stopped going to school when I found out I was pregnant with Erica, and have now missed 3 semesters. I enrolled for the spring semester and am going back full time, but now I am concerned that if we TTC in October, and if we were to fall pregnant pretty quickly (I doubt we will) but that I wouldn't finish school again. I slacked off before, so I still have a ways to go before getting my degree.. I dunno how hard it would be to go to school either being pregnant with a toddler, or having two children! I want our babies to be pretty close in age, but I'm just worried that if I dont get school done, that I might never accomplish it. I cant imagine waiting like 2 years tho! What do you girls think? Thanks!

i think its a really valid concern, i have this semester and next to go and i really debated going back at all this year. i did in the end because i really want to finish and decided that going back even for 4 classes was better than nothing. next year i will have to take a larger load and i am worried what it will be like to do that pregnant/with two babies.
I would recommend going back even if its a light load of courses just to stay in the swing of things so that you are making progress.

The way I see it you have two options

1) defer ttc until you have finished so you have your degree that you can use later on
2) still ttc but do the course as OU perphaps that way if you do fall pregnant then you could still continue

You already have one child right ??? If I was you I would go for no one but I guess it depends on how much you want this ??

I have around 16/17months left doing my A levels (finish them in May 2010), so me and OH have decided to wait until December 09 before TTC - that way even if I catch straight away, i'd be around 5months gone when I sit my exams + i'd be due in Sept/October 2010.
I think that if you really want it then you should time it so that you could be a few months pregnant before finishing school, without being due around exam times (so you don't miss anything). Some schools and colleges run schemes where you can get the work emailed to you and you just email it back completed, so if you're having a crappy day and can't make it into college, you're still learning.
At the end of the day, you know what you'd be able to cope with. Go for it :)

I would say go back to school part-time. I know that community colleges and universities now have really good part-time programs. There is a lot of classes you can take online and I had a few classes where I only went twice a week. I think with babies it's probably easier to go part-time and finish later then going full-time and being overwhelmed with 16 credits, homework, tests, keeping up house and making dinner. Good luck with whatever you decide hun! I admire you for going back, I miss college.

It took me forever to finish school. I say get it over and done with then TTC. Maybe in your last semester start TTCing.

Ok, better not let DH see this thread.. :shhh: since he has already agreed to TTC in October 09, but I am thinking about if I wanna wait longer. I stopped going to school when I found out I was pregnant with Erica, and have now missed 3 semesters. I enrolled for the spring semester and am going back full time, but now I am concerned that if we TTC in October, and if we were to fall pregnant pretty quickly (I doubt we will) but that I wouldn't finish school again. I slacked off before, so I still have a ways to go before getting my degree.. I dunno how hard it would be to go to school either being pregnant with a toddler, or having two children! I want our babies to be pretty close in age, but I'm just worried that if I dont get school done, that I might never accomplish it. I cant imagine waiting like 2 years tho! What do you girls think? Thanks!

I'm finally back in school now that my kids are grown... I wish I had finished before I had my kids

BUT, my kids are the greatest blessing and I am so glad I had them all... you'll have to make a tough choice

mary

I in a similar position. I dont know what to do-Im doing nursing and half way thru. If I was to get preg, then I could try and carry on or just take out a semester and go back. And I'd still get paid, plus get ore money if I had a baby. hmm Im convincing myself! Altho EVERYONE is telling me to finish first and have a good holiday. I fluctuate day to day on what to do lol. I suppose the ideal would be to fall around march 2010 so I could be preg when I qualify. *sigh* if only we could plan it just how we want it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->