Thinking I might be crazy.

lissabones

Not Trying Not Preventing
Reaction score
I know, I know...I'm so rude I should have started with a post in the "Introduce Yourself" part but I'm guilty of being impatient :( Forgive me, *stands up* I'm Lissa, and I'm impatient.

Let me add that I am a little worried and I joined the forum to get opinions but intend to stay and possibly slip into the WTT category or First Trimester. Bear with me if you will this is a mouth..err..eye full of information.

It has been 52 days since my last period. I have NEVER missed a period before and my cycle is an average of 36 days and never been later than 40. I took an HPT(non digital) at day 46 with midday urine and 47 with first morning urine, both came out negative. Experienced period like cramps on days 36-38 with strange headaches around the same time every night but stopped abruptly until day 42 since last period. On day 42 I started experiencing strange sharp pain (mild) off and on in my left ovary and it's been off and on since. Especially if I laugh too hard or sneeze ..the discomfort increases temporarily.
Possible dates of conception (at the latest) day 22-27 past last period. (was out of town and abstinent until day 43)
Not TTC or preventing pregnancy (unprotected sex with SO) Should I wait until 2nd missed period to worry and make an appointment? What are the chances of low HCG?

*stress hasn't been a factor *no recent significant weight gain (3-5lbs) *not "hoping" for pregnancy (creating symptoms) * I am 23 years old, never had a child been having unprotected sex for over a year with SO.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Can anyone help? I hate being one of those young girls crying wolf on a message board every month, but in my defense..this is my first "cry" and I hope I'm in the right place for answers. Thanks in advance.

Really sorry can't help you much, just wanted to say welcome and that I hope you get some answers soon :hugs:

Hi Lissa, I think the best advice anyone can give at this point is to advise you to go and see your doctor. You're obviously very overdue for period and some of the symptoms you describe are the same as the symptoms I am having. Especially the mild sharp pain around your left ovary which increases slightly when you cough/sneeze. I have been getting that (only around my right ovary area!) and I've just discovered I'm approx 4 weeks PG.

I know little about HCG I'm afraid, but I can say that the cheapie tests I bought weren't completely obvious when I used them. The second one was better, but still quite faint. However, the Clearblue test I took this morning (just so I could see how far "gone" I am) is so much clearer.. you get the word "pregnant" or "not pregnant" which is much easier to read than a line in a window! That might be worth a try?

Anyway, I suggest you see your doctor now. It's the only way I think that you'll get your answer so you can stop worrying :)

Thanks to all of you..it is a very confusing situation. Going to make an appointment for a blood test to ease my mind. Hopefully I can come back here and shed some light on others having a similar problem.

I agree that you would be best to go to your doctor and get some answers. You could be pregnant but it is unusual that the test would come up negative. But anyway even if not pregnant better to find out what is delaying your period anyway.

Update: Been told to try and wait since the pain is not severe or even moderate. So, I'm waiting for a super late period OR missing next month's period before making an appointment (should know by August 16th) was told to keep testing at home every week unless I really wanted to come in and do the same kind of test (urine) at the office.

Errrg. On the plus side...boyfriend was taking care of my business downstairs (love that!) and comes back into the room after cleaning up his facial hair...dives back downstairs and says "Yep...you taste sweet. I licked my mustache and it tasted sweet so I needed to come check again" Googled like crazy and found reports of discharge tasting "sweeter" after conception.
Also checked for changes in the cervix and I typically check mine every once in a while it absolutely is almost impossible to reach now and feels like a bouncy ball consistency with marshmallow fluff surrounding it..also very tightly closed where I can usually get part of the way in the opening.
But then again, I'm anywhere from 22-24 dpo approximately. & on top of that the only possible sexual encounter that would have caused pregnancy was a sloppy drunk few hour long session and I don't recall him ejaculating inside me. So those two facts alone have me believing the chances are slim. I'll be happy if it's so, but if not...I'll just feel a bit silly for thinking I might've been.

Major Update: AF ARRIVED!!!!! I'm just ecstatic that there is nothing wrong with me! I'm in the clear ladies. On CD 55 I finally have an answer. :)

Thank you! Got my hopes up for a bit but then started to worry about other things..I would rather have AF than no AF and BFN's <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->