Thinking of declining the FTS Screening for chromosome conditions

I'm leaning towards doing the NT scan since it's non-evasive. I'd like to have some sort of idea if possible, even though I know they are not 100%. Like Amelia said - there are other things that test can look for outside of just the chances of having downs. It's a personal choice - no right or wrong answer here!

For me It's not about changing the outcome it's about knowing and understanding any complications. Our son had t13 that was picked up on the nt scan. Our daughter was 4 at the time and we made the decision not to tell her I was pregnant, knowing that it was unlikely our son would come home with us. He passed away naturally and we didn't have to put our daughter through that grief. Its a personal choice but I will always choose to have the scan.

I'm very sorry for your loss Mrs.e.e.

I think a lot of people associate the screening so strongly with Downs Syndrome that the other, much more serious, trisomies are considered as much. Personally I too would rather know if my baby had such a condition that they wouldn't be coming home.

So sorry. X

Same here mrs.e...we also learned at the nt scan that our son would not be coming home with us. In our case he had a severe case of fetal megacystis (a bladder that cannot drain) and died naturally one week after the scan.

Had we not had the nt scan we would have discovered our son's death at home when we couldn't find his heartbeat on the doppler and would have had to spend hours waiting in emergency, devastated and distraught with no idea what was going on.

My husband and I knew we would do it from the get, both knowing we would actually terminate for something if need be. After hearing all these replies on the other possibilities I'm really glad we're doing it. Even though I had the pamphlet and already decided I didn't realize how much more it can pick up! Our appointment for the scan is next Thursday. I had the blood work last week. I am hoping everything is ok, but as many others have said even if that's the case I'd rather have the re-assurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->