• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thinking of doing a meet the baby party for #3-Advice?

MrsStutler

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
So this little one is our third and honestly we don't *need* anything although I've told family/friends if they insist on getting a gift I would love some cloth diaper credit at my favorite store. We also aren't finding out the gender so anything I buy will probably be after babe is born.

My best friend threw me two previous showers with my son and daughter and she wants to do something for me with the third but she was asking me what I would rather do: a baby shower/sprinkle (whatever you want to call it) before or a "meet the baby party". Her thought was it might be hard doing something before, not knowing the gender and all, and it would be kind of fun and different to have a get together after baby is born.

I'm kind of inclined to agree with her but I am worried about a couple of things: 1. After baby is here I may not be able to entertain very well, seeing as I usually resemble a zombie for the first 3-4 months:haha: and 2. Germs. I'm usually pretty cool about germs, far from a germaphobe but the thought of a ton of people around my new baby...I shudder.

So for moms who have had a meet the baby kind of party, or any moms with number three, what did you do and how did you like it?

I had a mini meet the baby party for my college friends and cousins. She was already 3 months old at that point. no one passed her around or anything as she was still breastfeeding and on my breast. It was max 8-10 guests.

I agree that meeting up after the baby is born would be a nice idea but I also totally understand your reservations too. Could you have a little shower before hand but make it about you and not baby (I know that's really self centred and I'd hate it but it could be nice). Guests wouldn't necessarily need to bring baby gifts but just come and see you for a lunch or whatever and wish you luck before baby is born. One of the nicest showers I've been too was pretty laid back like that anyway and the mum to be just chatted to everybody rather than play loads of games

I agree that meeting up after the baby is born would be a nice idea but I also totally understand your reservations too. Could you have a little shower before hand but make it about you and not baby (I know that's really self centred and I'd hate it but it could be nice). Guests wouldn't necessarily need to bring baby gifts but just come and see you for a lunch or whatever and wish you luck before baby is born. One of the nicest showers I've been too was pretty laid back like that anyway and the mum to be just chatted to everybody rather than play loads of games

That's kind of what my friend had suggested, like a luncheon type thing. I went to a lunch like that for one of my friends and it was very nice. I suggested maybe looking into having a lunch with some appetizers and snacks at my favorite pub and brewery (ironic, yes) and inviting just our family and friends and keeping it very low key. I do like getting to see everybody in one place before the baby since I know I kind of resign myself to the house for a long time afterwards.

Thanks for the input!

You could do a shower with a theme other than buy useless baby stuff you don't need, like instead asking each guest to bring their favorite book from childhood as a gift. That is something baby and the older siblings will get to enjoy over the years and is completely gender neutral without being pastel green and yellow.

Love the book idea! We're in a similar situation except that it's #2 so we are thinking of everyone bring a pkg of diapers in a different size, so in your case cloth diapers/covers? Or wipes if you use them.

For my first we had lunch at the pub :haha:

My family business was a supplier for the pub so they let us hire the place out for free for a few hours and we supplied pizza and nibbles. People could have a drink, eat pizza and catch up. I refused to do games (personally just don't like them) and no gifts were expected (although some people did bring them). Had both men and women there - all the people who were important in my life. It was amazing

The only set back was my grandfather refusing to come because it was 'appalling' I would have my baby shower in a pub! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->