Third Tri Aches & Pains???

BabyMama2010

Reaction score
Morning all,

Third Tri is definitely my worst :wacko:

I'd say I've been really lucky as have pretty much sailed through the rest of my pregnancy with only a few minor aches & pains now & again. Since I've hit 30 weeks though all that seems to have changed. Last night I could hardly sleep. My bump was aching all over, specially when I tried to roll over & I had a pain in my side that hurt when I took a deep breath. Found propping myself up with lots of pillows helped. Perhaps its time to invest in one of those pregnancy pillows? Any recommendations??

Still feeling slightly achy this morning & to add to that am now experiencing very mild AF type cramps & my back is killing me! Baby is moving as normal & has given me no cause for concern, I am just wondering whether this is all just a normal part of Third Tri??

I can cope with it all so long as I know its normal!! xx :flower:

Sad to say, I think this is just all part of third tri! I also got to about 30 ish weeks feeling like I'd got off lightly, with no back or pelvis pain and not too much trouble sleeping but now (34 weeks) I feel like I'm about 85 years old! My back hurts when I sit, stand, lie, whatever! My hips and pelvis have started to ache if I stand up for too long, or when I've been lying on my side for a while in bed and in fact being comfortable in bed is now massively a thing of the past!

I do have a Dream Genie sleep pillow but it cost £40 and to be honest, I'm not sure how much it helps me, as I generally end up throwing it out of bed halfway through the night! It does help me get off to sleep as I have it sort of between my legs and against my bump, rather than underneath it (although perhaps a pillow between your knees and another under your bump might help just as much?). I totally recommend a hot water bottle at night for your back as well - I don't know how I'd cope without mine :)

I also get randpm period type pains throughout the day but quite a lot of people seem to post on here about them so I guess they are very normal too! Just growing and stretching as my midwife would say!

i too thought id got off lightly in 2nd tri.
im in a right old state now, esp in bed, the pressure pain on my hips is terrible which requires plenty of tossing and turning but that doesnt do my bump any good because its so uncomfortable when trying to turn over. The pregnancy got me in the end!!

Same here! I had an easy ride till about 32 weeks. Now i'm 38 weeks and haven't been able to get/stay comfy for more than half an hour, either in bed, sitting or standing!!!

I'm booked for a section on wednesday at 39 weeks cos baby is breech so not long now!! Although I'm preparing myself for the pain that comes with recovering from a section! At least I'll have my baby then tho xx

Same here! I had an easy ride till about 32 weeks. Now i'm 38 weeks and haven't been able to get/stay comfy for more than half an hour, either in bed, sitting or standing!!!

I'm booked for a section on wednesday at 39 weeks cos baby is breech so not long now!! Although I'm preparing myself for the pain that comes with recovering from a section! At least I'll have my baby then tho xx

So far I'm feeling really good at almost 31 weeks. I know that won't last, though. I'm definitely trying to appreciate every day that I'm not in pain and every night that I sleep well, because I know the discomfort is coming!

Excited that we all have less than 10 weeks left - single digits! We can count the weeks on our fingers! It feels like that BFP was just yesterday.

Hey Ladies,
So glad I found this thread because I've been worried sick about the aches pains and twinges but sounds like it's normal phew!:wacko:
Hope it lightens up a bit for us all but we're on the home straight now
Love and prayers:kiss:
Baxi xx

Well ill sum it up as it all sounds normal to me as ive done it all quite a few times before:

Some days i get breathless.
I get stitch like pains sometimes upon waking and they are really painful. They are round ligament pain. Its roughtly where your ovaries are.
Leg cramps when you stretch out.
Aches and pains in your legs and tired legs.
Af type pains now and again. Had them last night.
Havent suffered from heart burn but have over the last couple of nights.
Bearing down pressure below.
Bruised feeling / aching around pelvic area worse when turning over, walking or first thing in the morning.
Sounds miserable eh??
Oh and an itchy tummy and sometimes bbs relieved by er...nothing for me!

Oh yeah, I forgot about round ligament pain! Everyone told me that would go by 24 ish weeks, but I ams till suffering, especially if i get up quickly or sneeze unexpectedly - feels like I've just been stabbed in the groin with a knitting needle!!

me too no problem at all till last few days and awful period pains today at nearly 32wk. Glad they are normal x

Lets see I will be 34 weeks tomorrow and I have bad hip pain all night, pulled stomache muscle on left side, really bad bout of piles that has me in tears, cramping and braxton and hicks contractions, bleeding gums, off and on nausea, ligament pain, serious pressure in groin, emotional ups and down daily, no patience, no sex drive, lower back ache and 3 kids under 7 to chase. Oh and my skin is very itchy on my belly right now. Just want to be done.

Oh i have no patience and find it so hard to settle to anything. Havent the energy to do much but have a ton of housework to do!!! I also just cant find any great sitting positions either. Cant believe i have another 8wks and 2 days :( at the very least!

Oh i have no patience and find it so hard to settle to anything. Havent the energy to do much but have a ton of housework to do!!! I also just cant find any great sitting positions either. Cant believe i have another 8wks and 2 days :( at the very least!

That's me.... get irritated so easily now. No paitence....my poor DD - I try very hard but OY! I've too had the 'period" cramps, stretching pains, jabs to the waaahooo that feel like baby is coming out. My hips hurt while sleeping ad can't get comfy.......This has not been fun and it started about 2 weeks ago. I'm trying to enjoy this as much as I can but sometimes it's hard to focus through the aches & pains.

Hang in there ladies....we're in the home stretch!

thanks guys, nice to know im normal, it feels like most of the bad parts decided to happen all at once :) ive had back pain all the time but last few days ive felt awfully hormonal and like im a mean person, every little thing was annoyin me .
i feel better today thank god :)
hugs to all xxxxx

Snap! Have lost all patience and I'm a teacher so I've got really ratty with my classes! I've asked to finish a week early - was going to try and do another week to take me to 38 weeks but just can't do it! My hips hurt, everything feels heavy and I'm not sleeping well either! Oh well, not long left is all I keep thinking!

Sad to say, I think this is just all part of third tri! I also got to about 30 ish weeks feeling like I'd got off lightly, with no back or pelvis pain and not too much trouble sleeping but now (34 weeks) I feel like I'm about 85 years old! My back hurts when I sit, stand, lie, whatever! My hips and pelvis have started to ache if I stand up for too long, or when I've been lying on my side for a while in bed and in fact being comfortable in bed is now massively a thing of the past!

I do have a Dream Genie sleep pillow but it cost £40 and to be honest, I'm not sure how much it helps me, as I generally end up throwing it out of bed halfway through the night! It does help me get off to sleep as I have it sort of between my legs and against my bump, rather than underneath it (although perhaps a pillow between your knees and another under your bump might help just as much?). I totally recommend a hot water bottle at night for your back as well - I don't know how I'd cope without mine :)

I also get randpm period type pains throughout the day but quite a lot of people seem to post on here about them so I guess they are very normal too! Just growing and stretching as my midwife would say!

I could have written this myself! Having all the same issues, waiting for the day when I can sleep on my tummy again, not feel like a grandma with all the aches & pains & walk at normal speed again instead if just waddling along like a constipated duck lol!

All i want to do is sit,eat and sleep,Everything is an effort,I know it will get worse so i eat more to console myself!

found a tip yest for hip pain, have to share it. :)
do ye have a hard mattress? put a single duvet doubled over ( i didnt have single duvet , i used thick fleecy blanket doubled up ) under ur sheet in bed .
it doesnt eliminate hip pain but i def slept better and was less sore gettin up.
worst thing is i had this tip on a leaflet from hosp all along but i didnt notice it :)
least i know now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"