This can't be my period, can it?!

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by Dollyx, Nov 20, 2011.

  1. Dollyx

    Dollyx Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2011
    Messages:
    79
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hey ladies! I am almost 7 weeks postpartum and my bleeding finally stopped about a week ago. But not today and yesterday I'm starting to have that "pre-period" bleeding/discharge (sorry if TMI) and I feel a little crampy today. I have been exclusively breastfeeding since birth and thought I wasn't supposed to get my period for a while! Could it be my uterus just contracting more and pushing excess out? Or is this my period? :(
     
  2. midori1999

    midori1999 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2010
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    0
    It could well be your period, although some people have one and then don't have one again for a while.

    My LO is 22 weeks and I've had 3 periods now, although the first was just a pinkish discharge. I am EBF.
     
  3. m0mmyCool

    m0mmyCool Me, OH, and our 2 boys.

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2011
    Messages:
    855
    Likes Received:
    0
    It could be it. I'm 9 weeks PP and I just got mine today.. ](*,)
     
  4. Dollyx

    Dollyx Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2011
    Messages:
    79
    Likes Received:
    0
    ARGH! F**k our lives!
     
  5. ashley2pink

    ashley2pink Mom to 4 girls

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2010
    Messages:
    3,658
    Likes Received:
    176
    Might not be. I had this exact thing at 7 weeks pp. It totally depressed me. Then I read that some women get what is called "six week bleed" which is bleeding that happens after your pp bleeding stops but before your baby is 9 weeks old. Its just a last flush of hormones. Of women who had bleeding during this period only 10% of them were actually experiencing a period. The other 90% just had the 6 week bleed. I'm sure thats what I had because for me it was pretty much just spotting. It was off and on over a couple weeks. It drove me crazy because I would have some spotting then nothing a for couple days, then more spotting, then nothing, then more spotting. It finally completely stopped a couple weeks ago. With my last dd my period started at 10 months pp so I'm hoping for longer this time
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice