This is gross and embarrassing....

lau86

Reaction score
I smell! I have never Had a problem with body odour but recently when I take my clothes off they smell of sweat. It's not a problem of sweating more, but that the sweat smells stronger. It's horrible.... I shower once or twice a day and use dove deodorant. Does anyone else have this problem and what do you do?
Eta I have put this in the breastfeeding section as I have assumed it's something to do with hormones or bfing. But I'm not sure

you have a toddler and a baby hun :) it's like a permanent work out. Don't remember this with DD at all, but now if I had time, I'd be in the shower every hour. Don't think it has to do with breastfeeding, just the fact that there is a lot of lifting going on.

Hmm, I must admit that I noticed this with myself after my lg was born, I started to question wether or not it was hormones too. I was the same and never had this problem before hand either.

I've got to say though that almost 7 months on and I hardly have this problem now.

It didn't matter how many times I showered or what deodorant I used either I was constantly sweating.

I'm thinking hormones plays some part in it you know. I dunno?

X

I'm only 9 days postpartum & I have this problem! I shower twice a day because of my episiotomy becoming open (sorry!) & I still smell so quickly! Xx

It's another one of those things that can affect new mums regardless of feeding method, it is hormonal and also your body getting rid of excess fluid after the birth. Using a conventional anti perspirant deodorant may prolong things as it stops you sweating properly, instead try a crystal deodorant such as pit RoK or the faith in nature version, you may sweat more for a couple of weeks but the minerals in the crystal kill all the smell causing bacteria and eventually you will sweat less overall. Xx

Top tip, stop wearing synthetics. You will still sweat but you won't stink.

I had this too for the first couple of months but it seems to have calmed down now. I think it's more to do with post pregnancy hormones than BFing.

Still very strong smelling sweat here at 7months in, two showers a day keeps it at bay however if I am too tired to shower in the evening it's definitely noticeable in the morning!!

This happens. But eventually, with proper hygiene and grooming, the smell will not stay too long.

Top tip, stop wearing synthetics. You will still sweat but you won't stink.

Probably the best thing I'd recommend too. I dont wear synthetics in the summer, no matter how much you wash them they are just "reactivated" again when you wear them. Blergh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->