This is harder than I thought it would be

KK86

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

this is my first time TTC, and I'm currently in month 2 (still early days I know). It's proving harder than I thought. It's frustrating because I thought my cycle was becoming more regular but suddenly just as we decide to TTC it's gone super irregular. First cycle was 31 days, than 23 days, if this brown spotting is my period it will have been 35 days...

I took a pregnancy test a few days ago but it was negative, and part of me had hoped that this was because it was a little early for the test. Since the spotting started last night I've been really tearful and it's proving really hard to focus on working from home today. It has occurred to me that it might be implantation bleeding, but it seemed a little on the heavy side so probably just the start of a period.

Is there anything people find helpful to cope with all the waiting and the uncertainty every month? I think I was too hopeful and this is what has made me so upset.

Thanks,
KK

Hello sorry your cycles have gone crazy I think it’s a TTC thing, my body is conspiring against me. I used to have regular 27 day cycles but the last 3 have been 32, 47 &42 days??? And the last 2 had spotting around when you’d see implantation which got me super excited but no all BFN based on when I think I ovulated this month is set for being 34 days. But definitely not testing till I’m late may even wait till after 47 days just in case it’s a long one again? No tips on getting through it just know your not alone xx

I feel your pain with the spotting at implantation time. That happened to me last month and (I think) this month. It messes with your mind so much! Good luck to you, I hope it works out soon x

TTC is mentally challenging (unless you are one of the lucky ones that get pregnant immediately lol) we TTC #1 for 2 years and it was hard from month 1. My only advice is to practice patience/mediation and find hobbies or activities to keep you and your mind busy. ❤️❤️

We TTC #1 for 5 cycles (which was 6 months because I have long cycles, 32-36 days). I remember feeling so devastated when I would get BFN’s. I knew we hadn’t tried as long as some people, but it’s hard when you’re timing everything right and it still isn’t happening.

I know this is way overused advice, but the month we got pregnant was the month I ‘gave up’ tracking (BBT + OPK’s) - I relied on EWCM to know when I was ovulating and we just tried to BD every 2 days. I found I was way stressing myself out TTC, and after several months it gets exhausting and discouraging.

Just keep at it hon, it will happen for you. But I understand where the frustration is coming from, and having long cycles makes it worse because it takes so long for O day to come back around. Fx and lots of babydust for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->