This is it!!! UPDATED With Birth Story And Pic's!!!

So on the 13th I was told to go in to L&D as my DR was on call and he would assess me and see about induction. I went in at 6:30 pm and they checked me out, even though I was contracting it was so random and I was only 3cm dilated still so no change and they decided to get me hooked up to antibiotics and I was GBS positive. 8 PM rolls on and I am taken from triage to get my IV started and my birthing room set up, 12 am rolls on and my OBGYN comes in to break my waters in hopes that I start contracting. I was terrified and super uncomfortable as I can't stand the feeling of my waters after they are broken LOL. My contractions started every 15 minutes so they started Oxytocin at 1 am on the 14th. I got up and walked around, my contractions were only every ten minutes apart so half an hour later they turned up the OXY and they went to five minutes apart. I settled and watched some TV shows on my laptop and chatted with DH and my best friend/LOs God Mother. I then discussed pain medication with my nurse and told her that I wanted an epidural at some point but not until the pain was too bad and she explained that If I don't get it now I may not get it at all as I have a chance to go quickly and I told her that was fine. 30 minutes later they turned up my OXY and my contractions were 2 minutes apart so i went wandering with DH trying to walk off the pain. I went back to the room and asked for fentanyl (by then I was 5-6 cm)to see if that would help, I was given two doses in 30 mins or so and I was standing/walking in room and It did absolutely NOTHING but make me giggle and feel STONED!!! I then asked for an epidural and sure enough the anesthesiologist was going down to surgery, that was fine and I didn't panic as the contractions were really not THAT painful lol. I guess by the time they came to give me an EPI I was 7 to 8 cm and it was too late so i asked for gas and air which does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING except make your voice deep and sort of help you focus on breathing. I guess I was making my nurses and labour companions laugh as I was so out of it in pain I kept saying super funny things.Mid contraction I was moaning like a sissy and I stopped to announce that i was REALLY hungry HAHA. I then made some witty comments about the music I had asked DH to play and when I heard some woman screaming while I was walking I said oh now, I don't want to scream and then later when I was 8 to 9 cm I heard her yelling from down the hall and I started laughing mid contraction and said that her and I made the same mistake and forgot our pain meds early on. I don't know why they all though my comments were funny, I don't remember most of them but I was told I kept on and on and some of them were aparently hilarious, wow I was OUT of it!!!! I decided to sit as I was exhausted, so I laid in med tapping DH and insisting LO hated me to cause so much pain. I guess I didn't scream at all, I just kept moaning and at a few points I couldn't catch my air and I begged for help so they got me wet cloth and rubbed my lower back which actually helped a bit. Then I guess I felt pressure a few times and they checked me, LO was low and every time she moved it hurt so bad but I still had a tiny tiny lip of cervix to be moved so the nurse finally moved it for me and we got ready to push. I did a few pushed that brought LO down a fair decent bit and the DRs were called in. My OBGYN got tied up in surgery so he wasn't there and at one point I started crying because I wanted him and then I wanted my Mommy LOL ummmm okay then! I did 12 minutes of pushing in total which hurt like bloody hell and I am so happy I forgot that pain with my first LOL. I remember it hurting so terribly bad as her head got closer to coming out and then I couldn't put my bum back down on the bed right away once her head came out and they wanted to check for cord and make sure I didn't rip open. Then they asked for small pushes and then one last big one that felt so damn good I grunted and pushed so hard and they put my LO on my abdomen and I fell instantly in love. I got a first degree tear right next to my urethra that took 2 stitches to repair,I was terrified of bleeding but they had started to push the OXY, had given me a needle, had blood on hand and pushed some pessaries in my bum to help with bleeding white they worked on getting cord blood and working out my placenta making sure the extra lobe came out with it. I DIDN'T BLEED like every one suspected!!!

Azialain Jaynie Dietrich was born Valentines day at 6:03 am, 8 pounds 3.8 ounces and 51.5 CM long. She weighs the most but is the shortest of my children LOL.

We were sent home from the hospital on the 15th as LO was peeing and we had both passed all post birth tests with flying colors. Today the nurse came to visit and LO is super tired as my milk hasn't come in i'm only getting colostrum and she now has jaundice with yellow eyes so they are also coming back tomorrow and I have been told to give her some formula to help get rid of it. I'm super worried and scared but I am on high alert but staying positive and waking her to eat every three hours still.

This tiny woman is absolutely amazing and I am so happy she is here to complete the rest of my family <3

I'm SO happy she is finally here but I miss her kicks LOL! My youngest cries when LO cries as he thinks she is hurt, he absolutely ADORES her and gives her tons of kidsses :) Hehas a few bad behaviours but think we will work through them easily.

Oh and just as I said after my first child, If I ever have another I will NEVER not demand and EPI as soon as I walk in lol.

My youngest son and LO
https://i.imgur.com/r9CPsoe.jpg

First bath
https://i.imgur.com/I8PLFyB.jpg

After bath
https://i.imgur.com/mJyS3EW.jpg

Going home
https://i.imgur.com/jlwmIZe.jpg

Mad baby is mad LOL
https://i.imgur.com/WfiFzUn.jpg

Adorable!!! Congratulations sweetie, so happy for you that all turned out well. Such a lovely baby and big brother too :cloud9: thrilled to be able to read a happy ending with all the uncertainty.
Jude has jaundice...they told me to let him nap in indirect sunlight so he can absorb the vitamin D he needs to allow it to fade. Good luck :hugs:

Cherrylee congrats hun, she is gorgeous. So is your son. I'm so glad you didn't need a C-section and everything went well. Also, just LOVE the name you chose it is so beautiful.

Thanks ladies, things couldn't have gone any better :D

Adorable!!! Congratulations sweetie, so happy for you that all turned out well. Such a lovely baby and big brother too :cloud9: thrilled to be able to read a happy ending with all the uncertainty.
Jude has jaundice...they told me to let him nap in indirect sunlight so he can absorb the vitamin D he needs to allow it to fade. Good luck :hugs:

Yeah they scared me and insisted I bottle feed! I have no interest in that full time :growlmad:

Congrats girly! I do not know how i missed ur initial post but ah! So happy for u :)

aww congratulations hun! After everything you went through its so lovely to see you holding your little girls <3 xxx

Thanks again ladies, last night was a better night as my milk came in and LOs latch has improved tremendously!!! I'm so in love with this perfect tiny human :D

She is beautiful congrats thats quite the birth story! :)

I haven't been on in ages but had to see how you were doing. I am SO happy for you! You've had a hell of a time this pregnancy and I'm so glad it's turned out so nicely for you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->