This is my first actual pregnancy..

Ambermichelle

Reaction score
And I'm getting a little scared that I might lose him/her. :( I wasn't all too worried when I first found out but a lot of women on here are going through/went through losses. :( it's really scaring me like I'm going to have to go through one too. Idk, I'm probably just worried about nothing but they just seem very common :/

I was exactly the same as you when I was pregnant with my DD, a lot of women on here have losses yes, but many women use this forum, and the percentage of healthy pregnancies is much much higher! I actually logged out in the end and came back in second tri, just to stop me worrying as much. The first tri is a very worrying time but it will be over before you know it and you'll be able to relax and enjoy things a bit more :hugs:

And I'm getting a little scared that I might lose him/her. :( I wasn't all too worried when I first found out but a lot of women on here are going through/went through losses. :( it's really scaring me like I'm going to have to go through one too. Idk, I'm probably just worried about nothing but they just seem very common :/

Same here Ambermichelle. I haven't even gone to the doctor yet (really early for me still) but I definitely feel the same way. The first trimester can definitely be nerve wracking but I guess all we can do is to make sure to be healthy and take our vitamins.

Same here Ambermichelle. I haven't even gone to the doctor yet (really early for me still) but I definitely feel the same way. The first trimester can definitely be nerve wracking but I guess all we can do is to make sure to be healthy and take our vitamins.

I've been once but that was just to confirm I'm pregnant. It's just hard because I know I shouldn't worry, but I can't help it :/ hopefully this gets easier soon. I'm only 5w5d along :/ how far along are you?

Try not to worry hun. This is my first pregnancy and yes I did have a loss last year but you're more likely to come across it as people having complication free pregs tend not to post so much about those things. You'll be ok just think positive x

I was exactly the same as you when I was pregnant with my DD, a lot of women on here have losses yes, but many women use this forum, and the percentage of healthy pregnancies is much much higher! I actually logged out in the end and came back in second tri, just to stop me worrying as much. The first tri is a very worrying time but it will be over before you know it and you'll be able to relax and enjoy things a bit more :hugs:

That might not be a bad idea :) I've def been trying to keep off this site a little more just because I don't want anymore scaring, but it may be a good idea to stay off until my second tri so I don't get worked up over nothing lol. Buutttt, who am I kidding lol. This is my new Addiction haha

Try not to worry hun. This is my first pregnancy and yes I did have a loss last year but you're more likely to come across it as people having complication free pregs tend not to post so much about those things. You'll be ok just think positive x

Thank you! I guess you're right. People don't usually have questions when their pregnancy doesn't have any complications lol. I'm just scared because I told my mom and I immediately regret it because she has such a big mouth and is going to tell EVERYONE. :/ I just don't want her to tell everyone and then I go through a loss

Thank you! I guess you're right. People don't usually have questions when their pregnancy doesn't have any complications lol. I'm just scared because I told my mom and I immediately regret it because she has such a big mouth and is going to tell EVERYONE. :/ I just don't want her to tell everyone and then I go through a loss

Aw well she's probably just excited but maybe you could try asking her to keep it quiet until you reach a stage where you feel comfortable telling everyone. I've told my side of the family but I'm yet to tell OH family haha.. They are too loud and make a huge fuss about things so I'm biding my time. Tell people when you are ready. :)

I've been once but that was just to confirm I'm pregnant. It's just hard because I know I shouldn't worry, but I can't help it :/ hopefully this gets easier soon. I'm only 5w5d along :/ how far along are you?

I'm only 4 weeks and 5 days. Same here - I'm going tonight just to confirm pregnancy.

I know its hard not to worry... I have had one chemical and one M/C recently so the fears are pretty strong for me, but try to remember the statistics are in your favor and the majority of women have healthy pregnancies. Its scary to be pregnant, let alone all the fears we add to the pile as it progresses! Its natural... but do your best to think positively, I am trying to take my own advice too :)

I know its hard not to worry... I have had one chemical and one M/C recently so the fears are pretty strong for me, but try to remember the statistics are in your favor and the majority of women have healthy pregnancies. Its scary to be pregnant, let alone all the fears we add to the pile as it progresses! Its natural... but do your best to think positively, I am trying to take my own advice too :)

I'm so sorry for your losses :( I hope you ladies are right and the odds are in my favor :)

I'm terrified too :( I try to catch myself when I'm worrying and stop but it's not so easy all the time.

We got our bfp the same day! My due date is 9/6...which happens to be my husbands birthday!

We got our bfp the same day! My due date is 9/6...which happens to be my husbands birthday!

Yayy! Congrats! :D what a wonderful birthday present

Me too! I feel exactly the same -spend most evenings googling miscarriage risks and staring at pregnancy tests to check for progression. I'm only 4+5 but booked an early private scan at 7+2.

I think coming off this site may be an idea for a few weeks.. I'm going on holiday for 10 days to Cuba tomorrow and will have limited internet access so in a way, that'll be good. Going on holiday has even got me worried now because of safety of long haul travel in first tri but it seems there's no scientific evidence of increased risk of m/c. Arrrghh just wanna wake up in March! x

I know what you mean AmberMichelle I didn't realise how common it was until I became pregnant & read up some more/came on here! I worry about it quite a lot but there's no point in worrying because as long as you look after yourself you should be fine & if it still happens anyway then there was nothing you could do. It has definitely made me more cautious about telling people too.
xo.

Me too! I feel exactly the same -spend most evenings googling miscarriage risks and staring at pregnancy tests to check for progression. I'm only 4+5 but booked an early private scan at 7+2.

I think coming off this site may be an idea for a few weeks.. I'm going on holiday for 10 days to Cuba tomorrow and will have limited internet access so in a way, that'll be good. Going on holiday has even got me worried now because of safety of long haul travel in first tri but it seems there's no scientific evidence of increased risk of m/c. Arrrghh just wanna wake up in March! x

Well at least you'll have a little time to breath and have some fun on vacation :) I know what you mean wanting it to be march lol. I'm right there with yah!

I remember with my first pregnancy I used to see all the horror stories on here and it used to scare me. Obviously everything was fine and I have a lovely son.

I did have a very early miscarriage a few months ago and unfortunatley it is one of those things that is quite common. However even if the worst did ever happen. Which I don't think it will. The chance of miscarrying is something like 10% under a certain age and then 25% so the odds are in your favour. If you DID have a miscarriage the chance of two in a row is something like 3%.

I'm pregnant again now and obviously very worried, but that's children for you, the worry never stops. I worried about miscarriage, then about everything be ok at my nuchal scan, then everything being ok at my anatomy scan. Then I worried about stillbirth. Now he's here I worry about him getting ill etc.

I'm pretty sure everything will be fine. The other posters are right though. People are most likely to post when something is going wrong or they are worried than to share the good news.

Yep I agree with Unexpected. I think once you get yourself pregnant its just worry after worry, in the beginning its worry about miscarriage because you want to get to 12 weeks, then after that its worry about miscarriage or going into labour early and getting to 24 weeks, then I worried my waters were leaking early on then I was worried that my babies heartbeat would stop, then I worried about stillbirth, then when she was born I was worried she wasn’t getting enough from my breast and gaining weight, then I worried about cot death & SIDS… now she is older I worry she will heart herself… I never been such a worrier in my life… but its all worth it :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->