This is why I'm glad (sometimes) that I'm WTT

AngelicaDoll

Surviving M/C, WTT
Reaction score
So today Im going through this thing... that even though I wanna be pregnant and want a baby asap. thinking about being pregnant NOW, i wouldnt know how to be happy about it without feeling guilty for the baby I lost (m/c almost 4 weeks ago).

i worry that when i do get pregnant again, seeing that test say pregnant is... as of now all im thinking about is: blighted ovum, it never attached etc etc.
Its not gonna be a baby in my mind until a scan proves otherwise.

How have you ladies dealt with issues like this?
being able to be happy about a new pregnancy, working through the fear?

Hey! I think I know how you feel. I had a mmc at the beginning of September. Baby stopped growing at 8 and a half weeks but I only found out just before 12. We started trying again straight away (after bleeding had stopped). I don't know how I'm going to feel about a new baby once it happens. I'll try to be positive but I don't think I will really bond before the 12 week scan. But I think that's ok, it protects you from more hurt, should, god forbid, something happen again. This baby is going to be so wanted and so long awaited and I have no doubt that I will love it with all my heart, so I don't think it's a problem being a bit cautious in the beginning.
I really don't think you should feel guilty for your first baby though. Your love and joy for a new pregnancy doesn't make the love and joy you felt first time around any less. The sad truth is that that's in the past and you being depressed about it isn't going to change it. That's not to say you shouldn't allow the grief. If you're sad, you're sad. But don't ban yourself from being happy as well. It's very sad that your first pregnancy didn't work out but if you can smile again, then that's a great thing, not a reason to feel guilty. I'll never forget how happy I was to know about LO but it wasn't to be and now I'm trying to look to the future. And I hope that I'll be just as excited about our next little bean, even if it takes a little while until I can trust it.
Just be good to yourself and patient and allow your emotions, happy and sad! Hope you feel better soon and get a nice quick and sticky bfp once you're ready to try again! :hugs:

Im still working at it everyday! And you are right at first all you do is fear , and worry and a sense of unreality until you get a scan and even then you have things like me I'm having recurring nightmares of my baby dying, miscarriage blood it's all so frightening and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. however I consider myself a strong individual so I work at it everyday and ever milestone means that much more to me, of course OH support is always a plus , but when you are ready and try you gotta expect some fear but little by little you will learn to cope and wont be afraid to fall in love with your pregnancy, every day im more and more attached to my LO and little by little I feel safer it's all about patience and love ! Best of luck :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->