This little lady is coming early. Update Page 5

Kaileymonster

Mammy and bump
Reaction score
I just know she's coming, Her heads engaged and I've got the period type pains and pressure on my pelvis, I've been having contractions every 40mins lasting 30 seconds and I feel sicky.

Should I brush it off as Braxtons or is it time to ring MAC?

I've got the same plus a dodgy tummy. Not sure about actual contractions though, what do yours feel like? I don't think he's coming though, just think its body getting ready x

I believe they recommend you call if you have 4 or more contractions in one minute and yours are quite spaced out, but if you are concerned definitely give a call. It's far too early for you to change anything! Good luck

I have been getting the same sort of feelings as you have been experiencing though Im expecting that at this stage :haha: If I was you I would definately give your hospital a ring incase things are progressing too early, they will be able to give you something to stop it! :hugs:

Wow. That's way too early Hun. I would rush to be seen and hopefully they can stop it.

Just rang hospital and they've said that if it's happening there is nothing they can do to stop it at this stage :wacko: But I got the "Take paracetamol and take it easy"

The contractions are (I'm 99.9% sure) labour contractions and not braxtons. I've been having the body preparation pains since about 29 weeks. If they get more frequent or my waters go I'm going in but I'm hoping they stop soon.

Scaring me because it feels exactly the same as slow labour.

Hope you're okay hon. Wouldn't they want to give you steroids?

If u think your in labour go in and they will monitor you and if they think your in labour they will give you steroids to help develop your baby's lungs as at this stage they will still be a bit under developed.
Just to say I was taken in at 29 weeks with regular contractions every 3 minutes lasting all day. Luckily the contractions eased and im still here at 33 weeks. Ive also had two bloody shows but still no baby which is brilliant. Hopefully your pains will ease as its still very early for your baby to be born.

They said that they have to be more frequent before I have to go in for the steroids etc. I'm a prev EMC so they won't let me out if I go in so I have to leave it as long as I can. Contractions are now 30 mins apart and right in my back... feel like my pelvis is going to pop off my spine.

This fricking hurts :cry: No more shows and my waters are still intact so just got to wait and see!

Here, they would automatically make you come in to evaluate contractions at 32 weeks. How the heck can they evaluate that over the phone?

I wouldn't be hanging about and I'm only a week behind u (my tickers out)! Its still far to early for her to be born! U wouldn't wait at 24 weeks would u? So why wait now?

Personally I'd just go up and demand to be seen if they weren't taking me seriously! If anything u need those steroid injections I think up to 35 weeks xx

I really rather think you should go in there, even if they don't let you out again (what does that mean anyway? like till you give birth? or till the matter is settled?) I had some contractions a few weeks back that were regular and it turned out to be dehydration, but I wasn't at the point of saying that they really hurt like you are saying.

I would be same as other ladies. Go in and be seen. Good luck xx

I agree as much, as I'm hating being pregnant right now, I would be thinking of baby first and demanding to be seen. Hope you do and someone takes you seriously :)

I wouldn't be allowed out until 3 days after baby is born. They fobbed me off and just said it's not a worry because the contractions where too far apart. They've increased to every 25 minutes. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

They will have to take you seriously if you turn up there, your way too early to just be left to wait and see, I wouldn't wait Hun, your baby comes first and will prob need some kind of help at this stage, I'd be terrified if it was me

If you really think she's coming, then you need to go up there. The steroid injections ideally need to be 24 hours apart, with the 2nd one being at least 24 hours before delivery. Why would they not let you out for 3 days after baby is born if you only went up to be checked??

What about seeing a midwife or something instead of going straight to hospital, would that be possible? Sounds more like a jail than a hospital - if you show up today, contractions stop, would they force you to stay locked up there for 2 months? (I'm incensed at their policy, btw, not at anything you've said or done, I hope that is clear from my posts).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->