This little lady is coming early. Update Page 5

If you think you are in labour you need to go in. It's better to be in, everything fine, baby safe and have to stay in than to sit at home in early labour. Hospital attitude is disgusting basically. Just turn up. Hope you are ok xx

I'm going to ring them and just tell them to sort me a bed.

Because I'm a previous EMC, If I go in, in labour they'll keep me in until the baby is born due to the risk of rupture. I'd also be in transitional care because I'm on anti-depressants.

It's just constant now. They can't leave me like this!!! Paracetamol does not cut it!!!!!!

ARGH! They won't even see me until they're 10 minutes or less apart and are a consistant pattern!! I'm 32 for crying out loud.... I'll be there in an hour the way things are progressing.

"it'll be muscle spasms because her heads engaged" - If I didn't feel contractions at 9cm dialated with my DS and I'm feeling these... it's not f******g muscle spasms... excuse the cursive!!!!

I don't understand why they are being so unreasonable. Maybe if you were 37-40 wks then fine but at 32 wks you are having a premature baby if you are in labour who will require SCBU care!! They are making me angry for you!

You know what, I'd just go in! Regardless. And they cannot force you to stay in, whatever their rules are. You can discharge yourself from hospital at anytime you like, previous EMC or not.

Ok, enough is enough with this hospital. Just get your arse down there now and demand to be seen/examined/monitored. It's past the stage of waiting for them to 'allow' you to come down. Everything they have said about waiting is true IF you were closer to term. But you're not, you're 32 weeks FFS.

xxxx

That just sounds ridiculous! Surely it's common practice before full term!!

Id just go in they cant refuse to see you. X

I was told here in Ireland to go straight in if i thought i was in labour. I think you should go.

Don't you have access to a walk in pregnant triage? Here, if you think anything is wrong, anytime after 20 weeks you can walkin to maternity and get checked out, no need to call.

complete insanity, even if it's not labor, something is definitely not right. These people sound out of order.

Probably too late now but definitely go in, my friends contractions started at 32 weeks, she didnt have transport so they rushed her an ambulance, they saw it as an emergency and I think you should be seen too. You can't wait, your baby if s/he does arrive will need care immediately!
Wishing you all the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->