This may be a stupid question but i have to ask

hopeful4bfp

Reaction score
I know the Drs want you to try for 1 year before they will see you about infertility but would you count ntnp as trying in reference to that or should you be charting and temping and all that for a year before going to the drs

Idealy you should be keeping a record of your cycles for at least 6 months so that they know if there is any patterns as it can realy help pin pointing any problems.
I did add part of NTNP to mine though, I was officialy trying (charting, opks, cm cecking) for a year but was also casualy trying without all the charting for 7 years before that so I count those.

I think it depends on your doctor, your age, your timing & frequency of :sex: during the time you are ntnp, regularity of cycles, other health issues, how persistent you are, etc. For instance if you are having sex every other day for 6 months thats pretty much the same as TTC, whether or not you are charting! Have you been ntnp for a while or just wondering?

I think that in order to be taken seriously by a doctor, you need to have been having sex during ovulation in each cycle. If you're NTNP and not even necessarily hitting ovulation, they could see it as just being lazy with contraception, and not actually TTC.

Something I've realised since NTNP this time around, is that last time when we were TTC # 1, we were charting my cycles, but not testing temps or anything. Some people who class themselves as NTNP are doing the same thing as we were back then, and we classed ourselves as TTC. I guess it also therefore depends on how you view your situation. If the doctor had told me we were NTNP I would have argued it :shrug:

We have been NTNP for about 7 months not quite to the point of going to the dr as we arent as persistent as we should be (due to dh changing his mind every other month) but i was more just wondering if anything for future reference.... I keep track of when i o and try to bd on the right days but like i said some months its all 'I want to make a family" and theres lots of bding then other months it "i want to wait a while" and he barely touches me..... its frustrating cause i never know what he wants :sigh:

We have been NTNP for about 7 months not quite to the point of going to the dr as we arent as persistent as we should be (due to dh changing his mind every other month) but i was more just wondering if anything for future reference.... I keep track of when i o and try to bd on the right days but like i said some months its all 'I want to make a family" and theres lots of bding then other months it "i want to wait a while" and he barely touches me..... its frustrating cause i never know what he wants :sigh:

Not to sound rude, but maybe you and DH should sit down and talk about it once and for all? The stress of wondering how he'll feel if you get your :bfp: might not be helping.
:dust:

we have sat down and talked about it but again he changes his mind.... I think i finally got a true answer and we will be more actively ntnp (if that makes since) in january...... I think he wants children but is scared when he gets to thinking about it and freaks himself out... I know he will be super excited when it happens he just doesnt want to think about it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->