This may sound daft..........issue re cloth

sahara

Me, my OH and DD Nicola
Reaction score
OK. I have just invested in my first lot of cloth as you may well know.

I have been reading through and doing alot of research over the last 24 hours.

Maybe I was stupid, but I am a bit worried about when Leo gets to the weaning poo stage.

I had OCD 2 years ago regarding cleanliness and germs and stuff. I went through hell for 18 months. I have no worries regarding BF poo - but when it gets smellier and browner it can still make me anxious when I have to change my daughters sposie.

Any advice as to how I can avoid as little contact with the poo as possible when Leo gets to and beyond the weaning stage.

I really want to use cloth - but am suddenly worried it might trigger my OCD of again if I have to rinse in the bath/sink and get it all over my hands.

Guess I am a bit stupid really LOL

You're not stupid at all! :hugs: You could use disposable liners so you just pic the liner up and throw it in the loo :D

thank you :hugs: do the depsoables do an OK job of catching the worst of the poo - even runny ones. If so that would be great :thumbup:

Hi Hun, I use disposable liners and find 9/10 I can just flush the line away and have only had to rinse a couple of times! Best of luck, sure you'll be fine x

ooo fabby - which liners do you use?

I can deal with the occasional problematic poo and it will help with my confidence - but all the time would have sent my poor ickle brain into over drive and frazzled it :haha:

La's poos are firm now and I just hold the nappy over the loo and shake the poo in.

The disposable liners seem to do a pretty good job at catching the majority of milky poop explosions too xx

Are they any good at catching sloppy weaning poos

any you can recommend

thanks ladies

xxx

I don't bother rinsing at all with ours. we're currently only on BF poo and we use Gro Baby system, so I just fold the insert in half (so hold back whic isn't dirty) and goes straight into pail which has a net bag inside it. The net bag then just gets lifted out and put straight into washing machine. The machine does go on an extra rinse cycle but all the inserts come out fine (and look as good as new if left in the sun)

I would say first choice would be disposable (biodegradable/flushable) liners...I use them and they catch the majority of poop...

secondly, when they are on solids the poop is more solid also and can just be shaken off into the loo.

and thridly- if that all fails- go buy yourself a cheapy fleece blanket and cut up to make fleece liners- fleece liners catch nearly everything for us- bit more than the disposable ones...I just bought a lounge fleece blanket for £2 and its huge- i'l get about 50+ liners out of it....and if you get one poopy one a day- just chuck the liner if you cant bear the thought of touching it? Its not economical but it will do you through the weaning stage :thumbup:

p.s. You're not stupid at all :hugs:

thanks ladies - great idea twiggy :thumbup:

where did u get the fleece from and does it have to be anything in particular like 100% polyester like my baby fleeces

:hugs::hugs:

thanks ladies - great idea twiggy :thumbup:

where did u get the fleece from and does it have to be anything in particular like 100% polyester like my baby fleeces

:hugs::hugs:

oooops sorry double post.

could I use those pet fleece blankets - the ones with paw prints on. they are uite funky and cheap :thumbup:

Yeah its not nice natural fibres right next to the skin but the polyester fleece blankets (the pet ones would do fine!) will do the job, I was just about to pick one up myself actually in the pound shop, until I saw this massive fleece lounge throw reduced to £2 so got that instead...to make reusable wipes and a couple liners for when shes got bamboo straight next to her skin...

For a short period of time to get through weaning if thats what you're dreading, then its an ok solution I reckon :D

Hiya! Can I recommend Boots' own disposable liners. They're lovely and soft and really big too. :hugs:
Joanne x

Primark have cheap, huge fleece blankets too!

How about having a pack of gloves in the drawer, so if you need them, they're there and you can just chuck them once you're done? :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"