This sounds silly!

MummyJade

Mum
Reaction score
Hello Ladies :flower:

I know this sounds silly, but is anyone like nervous/worried/scared of going to the doctors before NTNP/TTC to get implant/coil removed?

I need the coil removed, and I nervous about going.. I dunno why, its not like my doctor will shout at me, but i keep thinking she might try and put me off the idea of TTC!

feel such a doughnut writing this! :blush::haha:

x

Don't feel weird about this. My doctor was actually asking me when we are planning baby #2 when I went for new bcp prescription in July. Do you have a reason to be scared of or is everything good health wise?

Don't feel weird about this. My doctor was actually asking me when we are planning baby #2 when I went for new bcp prescription in July. Do you have a reason to be scared of or is everything good health wise?

I think it is just nerves and im being a twit! ha!

No all good health wise as far as I know... My daughter wasnt planned but was only with ex 3 months when i found out, so Im guessing all is good when it comes to that... I think also because Im planning a baby its more nerves then a surprise cos you just get on with it...
x

I felt proper stupid saying I wanted a baby to my Dr and my gynae, like thy were going to look at me and frown and say no no don't do that lol then I realised actually I'm 24 why wud thy try to put me off, in my head I don't feel like an adult lop Il wondering when that actually happens lol. I told two of my friends and it felt really strange saying it to them too like I was a teenager saying I'm guna try for a baby lol

I went to have my implant removed in February but I didn't tell them why, to be fair it's not their business!

Don't be worried they can't refuse to remove it :hugs:

I felt proper stupid saying I wanted a baby to my Dr and my gynae, like thy were going to look at me and frown and say no no don't do that lol then I realised actually I'm 24 why wud thy try to put me off, in my head I don't feel like an adult lop Il wondering when that actually happens lol. I told two of my friends and it felt really strange saying it to them too like I was a teenager saying I'm guna try for a baby lol

Yeah I think thats how i feel, like they will think i am too young (24) but then i have a 5 year old also! lol!

Im just being a twat i think :haha: x

I went to have my implant removed in February but I didn't tell them why, to be fair it's not their business!

Don't be worried they can't refuse to remove it :hugs:

Oh i thought they asked! Thank you.... I am thinking about getting it removed sooner.. so i can have a cycle off it!

x

I have been just to ask if there was anything I should start to prepare for and I felt nervous because I am only 23 and unmarried (at the moment). They are professionals and can't vocalise any judgements they might make!! Don't worry about it!

I'm going to tell the nurse next month I don't want my depo shot as our TTC plans have changed... I feel like she's going to tell me no and jab me anyway! :haha:

I have been just to ask if there was anything I should start to prepare for and I felt nervous because I am only 23 and unmarried (at the moment). They are professionals and can't vocalise any judgements they might make!! Don't worry about it!

Yeah I think I am just over thinking things, but I am so scared! I am only 24 myself and i feel they will judge me and say 'oh not wise' ha x

I'm going to tell the nurse next month I don't want my depo shot as our TTC plans have changed... I feel like she's going to tell me no and jab me anyway! :haha:

Oh love, thats what it gonig through my mind! that she will say no and boot me out the door! I wanna go and get it done the same day... so guna tell the receptionist i need a longer appointment... I want it out now!!! x

Lol I love that we care so much about what these ppl think it actually makes me chuckle. I was amazed that my Dr n gynae didn't even bat an eyelid was just like ok, I didn't go specifically for the TTC but it came up for other reasons but it felt silly it coming out of my mouth lol

No one will think you are too young! Thats crazy!
You can always just say you have decided to use other forms of contraception (condoms) because you are choosing a more natural and healthy lifestyle. It really is none of their business and you are well and truly an adult now. Its not like you are 14 saying you want a baby. They would never think you are too young and if they say anything say you are at the prime age for reproduction!

Dont worry at all! If I were you Id get that thing out of your body as soon as possible and definitely try to have a cycle off. The sooner it is out the better

Go for it! and Good luck creating your bundle! Enjoy this magical time xoxooxoxo

I'll be honest, this is reason #1 that I don't want an implant. (okay, maybe #2- #1 is that I don't want the dang thing put in!) When we're ready again, I don't want to have to go to a doctor to get it removed.

I was on Depo before our first pregnancy. We weren't 100% sure if we were going to TTC or not, and it was honestly exacerbating my joint problems- so I just went off it and told them that it was just because of the joint problems. I didn't want to feel like I needed my nurse's permission to have a baby!

It turned out to be a good thing I didn't mention the possible other reason. When she found out we were pregnant- she treated us like kids with our hands in the cookie jar and kept pushing us to get an abortion :growlmad: Of course, now that the baby's here she's all gushing about how cute... Ugh.

I think that she was just being mean because she assumed we didn't want a baby. I'm sure that it'll go well for you. :) Even if they do give you a little crap- remember that it's your body, your life, and their opinions don't really matter. They aren't going to be able to stop you from getting your baby!

I dont actually know how i'm going to bring all this up to my dr. When i was there last, I mentioned how my depression has lessened since I have decided that i would like to try for a baby in the not too distant future, and was asked if i had a partner. he then proceeded to tell me i should wait until im in a healthy relationship with a guy (which, seeing as I'm gay, is probably never going to happen). Admittedly, he isn't my usual dr, but my usual one no longer works there. I will talk to the onle female dr remaining next time, but...i fear her reaction. Their opinions shouldn't matter, and yet, we all worry. My coil isn't die to be removed until late 2016...but i want to ttc 2014.... i imagine being told that i should wait till im older(i've just turned 22 earlier this month), and that im stupid for intending to be a solo parent

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->