This timing sucks!

fairygirl

Pregnant, 1 Angel, 2 Rainbows
Reaction score
I am going out of my mind. I put into a calculator what would happen if we ttc next cycle, and my lo would have an edd of 24th Aug. I really want and tbh need a Sept baby, it's the whole reason we're waiting. So I googled the average first pregnancy...41 + 2ish. Which would put me exactly where I want to be.
My edd if we hold out is the 24th Sept. But really what are the chances of us conceiving first go? 25%...

Am I that impatient that I go for my 25% chance next month or lucky enough to get it when I am supposed to try??

Seriously, I am the one holding out, OH will go with whatever I decide.

I'm so confused and cursing myself for not having the perfect dates! HELP!!!

Hey, im sorry your stressing out, but im afraid trying to plan your EDD is something very difficult. I think you'll have to be really lucky to fall pregnant at the exact time you want to so your EDD is the month you want.
I would maybe NTNP the month before you plan to TTC and then really try hard the month your properly trying... lol.
Good luck x

I may be missing something somewhere (nothing unusual there BTW) but if you conceive next cycle I am assuming from your post it would be fabulous news, and if not then you are only where you planned to be anyway so.....why not go for it......:thumbup:

I know I'm being wierd about the Sept thing, but it's working it around my job. I was thinking about suggesting we ntnp, but if I did manage to concieve, I'd be 36 weeks in July when we break up for the school holidays. I've never been pregnant before and want to know is it silly to be working til 36 weeks???? I'm looking forward to the luxury of not working when I'm heavily pregnant.

Oh right, with you now! I actually don't know what week most women work until although I know that after a time you can be forced to start ML early if you have pregnancy related illness that means you need time off in the latter stages of pregnancy.

I will only be able to work until a certain period because of what my job involves (I can't see a whale managing behind my bar with 3 spritely teenagers dodging round it), when we do conceive I am probably going to have to tell my managers before 12 weeks as they will need to do a risk assesment and alter my duties.

Its a difficult one, maybe ask some pregnant ladies or mums when they stopped working and how hard it was to work to 36 weeks if anyone did? x

My friend recently had her little girl and she says 36 weeks is horrid. If I had any issues it would be financially tighter to give up work in July. Although OH does earn awesome tips, or I could refinance my loans if that was the case (I plan to pay the big one off in Sept).

I'd TTC/NTNP so that id fall PG after July then if would cause unnecessary issues around finance etc. You dont want to add anymore stress to pregnancy :hugs:

In which case I think I would hold out for that extra cycle, you've waited so long, a few more weeks will fly by and before you know it you'll be ready to go. I know how hard it is to not throw the towel in and say bugger it though. :hugs:

Id say go for it, the chances are slim you will catch that egg the first time. The average time for some one trying is 6 months

Everything you guys have said is exactly why I'm confused. My resolve atm is to get Nov AF out the way, should be next weekend but she can stay away for a bit longer if she wants. Then see how I feel then, might just tell OH not to bother with a condom when we dtd, but literally only do it when we feel like it.

Hi hun, right first of all I worked up to 36 weeks with both of my pregnancies and it was fine - you get a little tired towards the end but it males you appreciate your time off afterwards!! as long as you arent doing anything horrenously physical.
Secondly I fell with both of my sons on first time of trying so I would never rule it out, although I would say start trying now!! bugger it!! why not eh? if it doesnt happen then hey try next cycle - if it does - you'll be so elated you wont worry about the edd!!

anyway good luck whatever you decide!!

I had to tell OH how I felt. We're ntnp next month unless AF shows early.

nice one, I think that is the best decision personally!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->