This weeks One born every minute

sherryberry79

Mummy to Amelia
Reaction score
Just watching this weeks OBEM and I can't wipe the tears away quickly enough, all still a little too raw:cry:

Who else is watching?

its very raw. we are broken again. :cry:
and even though we had a rough time in neonatal, we still feel luckier than others.

i dont like one born every min. but i felt i had to watch this.

Can I just say girls, watching this tonight made me realise how truly amazing you all are! My hubby couldn't even watch it tonight it was too much for him but I had to watch it. It was heart wrenching and to think you've all had to go through this/ are going through it now, well you're all amazing xxx

thank YOU bunnyg82 - you were always around to see how Alex was getting on, u weren't even pregnant yourself to begin with! Your support made it easier!

I agree with bunnyg after watching it last night, the journey you went through must have been so hard and it shows hows truley amazing you all and you have such gorgeous babies to show for it :hugs:

I must be hard? I found I could watch it okay, I think because I knew that my own story had a happy outcome.

Mind you, I'll probably be a complete wreck when our documentary eventually airs this summer!

Oh yeah MarleysGirls - ooh i cant wait to see!

But me and OH did find it hard, at one pint I wanted to turn over because I was in such a state. I woke up this morning and stared at Alex, remembering how tiny she was. The programmes left me a bit numb again!

I agree with the other girls x I was watching last night & thinking of all you girls that have through this & think you are all incredible people I can even begin to imagine what you went through/going through x

MarleysGirl - What is your Documentary called???

Watched OBEM with tears too but realised although my LO has been through so much she is a wee fighter - as are all the babies on this site! Same question as above - what documentary?-v interested!

What incredibly brave babies with incredible parents. The doctors and nurses who care for them little babies, should be given awards. Lets hope that William makes a full recovery and finally gets home just like baby Izzy.

xx

I was crying when baby izzie had her first cuddle i dont really know why just seeing somethin so small with so many tubes and wires it makes me so grateful rosalie only needed one IV and a feeding tube Even though she was only the size of a 30 weeker she was still developed all the mummies to the very early babies are just amazing as are all the amazing babies xxx

i cried. It brings back memories. Even though caleb was in neonatal for 4 days and scbu for 10 it brings it back. Seeing the babies in the incubator seemed like it was only yesterday . X but i'm thank full they helped caleb and he,s now a cheeky monkey x x

I hope that you ladies do not mind me popping in here but after watching last night i just wanted to say that you ladies are amazing what strong people you must be, I admire each and everyone on off you. Really puts things into perspective there was me moaning all week feeling sorry for myself and really just neek a good kick as there are familys like yourselfs going through this.

Prayers are with each and everyone off you and again you are fantastic people x

Right, I'm on a BBC3 documentary called "Seven Ages of Pregnancy".

It was originally meant to be shown this Spring, but the BBC commmissioned two similar programmes by the team about Dating & Marriage, and all three are going to be shown together, at some point in the summer.

The programme follows the presenter (Cherry Healey) and six/seven other mums of different ages through their pregnancies, from gym-slip mum up to a mature mum having IVF. When they started filming, we didn't know of any problems other than our high Downs score, and we were really optimistic. Then we found out about the placenta problems, and they were actually filming one of our regular u/s scans at 28wks when we got told that Andrew had to come out very quickly! They also shot footage of him in NICU. When the BBC saw the rough cut, the production team were despatched back to film Andrew's discharge so that we get a happy ending :kiss:

We haven't seen the show yet, we don't get to see it before it airs, so really don't know how we are portrayed - but the quote from the team was that the BBC saw us as the "tearjerker" story.

I found it quite hard to watch as it brought back lots of memories. I found it particularly hard watching little Izzy and her parents as I can not imagine how you would deal with losing one twin and having the other so poorly :cry:
Did anyone catch what gestation she was born at as she was soooo tiny! She made my boys looking big and they were only 3lbs 8 & 3lbs 14!

Izzy was 23 weeks! :) and was approx 26-27 weeks when she got cuddles I think, I heard them mentioning she was almost 4 weeks old at that point

Right, I'm on a BBC3 documentary called "Seven Ages of Pregnancy".

It was originally meant to be shown this Spring, but the BBC commmissioned two similar programmes by the team about Dating & Marriage, and all three are going to be shown together, at some point in the summer.

The programme follows the presenter (Cherry Healey) and six/seven other mums of different ages through their pregnancies, from gym-slip mum up to a mature mum having IVF. When they started filming, we didn't know of any problems other than our high Downs score, and we were really optimistic. Then we found out about the placenta problems, and they were actually filming one of our regular u/s scans at 28wks when we got told that Andrew had to come out very quickly! They also shot footage of him in NICU. When the BBC saw the rough cut, the production team were despatched back to film Andrew's discharge so that we get a happy ending :kiss:

We haven't seen the show yet, we don't get to see it before it airs, so really don't know how we are portrayed - but the quote from the team was that the BBC saw us as the "tearjerker" story.

Thanks x I'll keep an eye out for this in the summer x

i was thinking, if i was currently going through the neonatal journey id have watched with deep interest and may not have cried as much. I guess being away from neonatal and then it being brought back to you on TV can take it right out of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->