This will put you off ever wanting kids!

For some reason, this didn't really bother me... it's just the pulling that did... the blood etc doesn't phase me but i couldn't imagine the pain of pulling on the placenta. uck.

Weirdly I'm not grossed out or put off. I guess things happen when childbirth gets complicated. Looks like she probably had problems delivering her placenta so it had to be done medically. xx
And btw, stuff like that won't terrify teens into being 'responsible'. I think the key to good use of birth control is education. Not all teens know how their bodies work. And scaring them won't help!

I watched that and my hubby peered over my shoulder and said 'oh yours was much bigger than that babe'..........thanks for that babe!!! lol
after the pain of the baby being born the placenta is easy!!
we had harry at home and after the placenta was delivered they showed me it all i felt like it was biology class in school!! fascinating though!!

Weirdly I'm not grossed out or put off. I guess things happen when childbirth gets complicated. Looks like she probably had problems delivering her placenta so it had to be done medically. xx
And btw, stuff like that won't terrify teens into being 'responsible'. I think the key to good use of birth control is education. Not all teens know how their bodies work. And scaring them won't help!

Amen.

So should not have watched that as i am waiting for my curry to arrive. deffo dont want it now.

Although in a weird way it was interesting to see the placenta being delivered as i was so numb and busy looking at my new baby that i did not see or feel my placenta being delivered.

At least i kind of know what was going on down there

got to say it dont gross me out iv had 2 of them but is it me or was anyone elses placentas double the size of that? mine were like whole livers huge shat life from me when seen them although both delivered by c-section.....lol

I can imagine mine looked worse than that, my placenta got stuck was agony to get out :(

Umm, I gotta say this-sometimes the placenta doesn't come out fast enough for the docs. Some can take 14 hours or more to come out, and some docs don't want to wait that long. I don't know if there was some underlying medical condition, but an easy prescription would be have the mother breastfeed which stimulates contractions of the uterus.

oh yucky! Ha, I guess though, when you give birth you wont be down that end!! I have been at the birth of my nephew and although it was very clear that my sister was in so much pain, to hold my nephew at the end just made me think it was so amazing and didn't put me off at all - though I stayed up at the right end and thankfully didn't see all that was going on down there! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->