those apps where you can hear heartbet...

Sqwidge

Mum of two
Reaction score
I was just wondering, as I don't want to buy a doppler, has anyone downloaded one of the heartbeat apps for iPhone and are they any good, are the safe to use - thoughts!?

I was thinking of downloading one the other day but after i mentioned it to few people i've been told not to. None of the apps are medical related or approved by the NHS so i'd give it a miss :shrug:

I like the idea of having an app that you could hear baby's heartbeat with, but in all honesty i don't see how an app could possible do that.

I made a mistake buying one of those apps it said some people have success from 19 weeks as I'm passed that thought it was worth a try, less messy than my doppler when we wanted just a quick listen in as she's moving everyday pretty much now.
But its never worked not even for my own heartbeat and when I complained they said it only works from 28 weeks :s

I bought one when I was pregnant, I can't remember the name of it, (baby beat maybe?!) but I was 30 weeks, but I found the heartbeat fine, it took some wiggling around to get it, but it did work

Thanks girls!

I made a mistake buying one of those apps it said some people have success from 19 weeks as I'm passed that thought it was worth a try, less messy than my doppler when we wanted just a quick listen in as she's moving everyday pretty much now.
But its never worked not even for my own heartbeat and when I complained they said it only works from 28 weeks :s

If you can't even get your own heartbeat on it, how can they say it works from 28 weeks?!?

I'd be really sceptical about those kinds of apps.

Is there any proof that they work? I remember seeing an app that apparently let you see your baby like you would on a scan so I downloaded it and sure enough I saw a baby, but I wasn't pregnant :rofl: it was a preloaded image that was activated when your phone was at a certain angle, I'd be inclined to think the same of the heart beat apps

Lol Rainbow! I am really sceptical about it which is why I was asking whether anyone had used one!

Let me download one and I'll try it out*

*Footnote I'm not pregnant

I downloaded one called babyscope and I didn't hear anything, I don't know if you could take that to mean they work or not.

Sorry I couldn't be more help :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->