Those door bouncer thingys...

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
Seth had a quick go in one today and LOVED it although a relative told me they can cause bow legs or something....

true?

xxx

Nope. They're great for strengthening their legs - people used to think that if you held them in a standing position when they were too young they'd get bow-legged too (just at the stage when they start to love standing). He'll be fine in it :D x

never heard that! we have one, a tigger one, as tigger's bounce :) can't wait till she can start using it tol give her more strength, and i love watching her with new things :)

Bren loves the one we have, but he is a bit too small for it still.

No, they are great for strengthening their legs. Caeden loves his! He has a tigger one aswel :D xx

Josh goes nuts in it! Can't really use it anymore as he bangs his head on the sides (use to put pillows but he takes them away)

Thanks ladies, Im going to get one now for him!

xxx

Ah he'll love it, and its great for giving us time to do things that need to be done!! You know they cant really go anywere or do much! Unless like missjess's boy you have a wee head banger!! lol xx

My mum bought Jack one over the weekend & he loves it - he isn't going mad in it just yet, but I can't see it being long:rofl: He mostly does a gentle bounce then spins around & looks around the house where he doesn't normally get to see :happydance:
Here he is when he first tried it down my mums (wonky straps have since been adjusted :rofl:):
https://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll127/bev309/06092008193.jpg
BTW this one was reduced to £15 in Tescos if offer still on!

I wanted one too but my pediatrician strongly recommended against it.Said it could cause bow legs and is bad for the baby's pelvis.
I dont know....I still want one.

I bought one a few months ago for Angelynn. We couldn't get the doorway one because we have no doorways on our main floor except for the bathroom lol. So we got her this one:
https://trusca.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRUCA1-3665917reg.jpg

She has LOVED it since day one. But I have a feeling it won't last much longer she's getting too heavy lol. But I think it has helped her alot with her leg strength and even her neck/back strength. My doctor told me it wouldn't give her bow legs but said it would make her stand on her tippy toes too much. So far we've had no problems :)
It really is a fantastic thing to have when you need to get stuff done. I just plop her in there for 20 mins and i'm able to run a load of laundry and do dishes etc.

I spent hrs in a door bouncer when I was a baby and I certainly don't have any problems because of it.

I want to get Ally one at some point. They seem to say 4 months or 'able to hold head and neck independently'...but Ally can do that already (strong boy). Maybe I'll just wait another month or so.

I looked at one but then I found out that in a Nursery over here a little girl fell out of one and broke her leg as it fell from the door frame, I would never use one but thats just my opinion on them, they are banned from a few nurseries

Don't believe everything you hear hun. Mikey got too big too quick to use his as the time he fit in it, he didn't understand what it was there for!!!!

how do they fix to your door frame?

They clip on over the frame with a really, really strong spring.

We had 2 for our LOs and they loved them. I wouldn't leave them in them for very long but they get bored anyway and wouldn't let you.

I'm selling a Mothercare one... not quite got round to listing it on eBay yet if anyone is interested.

I wouldnt mind if thats ok?

Thought I had one on ebay but got outbid at the last sec :(

xxx

Josh goes nuts in it! Can't really use it anymore as he bangs his head on the sides (use to put pillows but he takes them away)

:rofl: hahahahaha bless him, clever little thing.

we have a tigger one, our door is wide though so no problems, he gets licked in circles in it (by the dog)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->