those of you who have had PND...

i agree with what cat says but i know how difficult it is.. things dont get done in my house either and it just makes me want to cry" its taken me ages to realise that its not my fault and that im not lazy

terrie I could have written that. I look round my house and it just seems that nothing gets done, then I end up feeling like a failure. The other day I was sobbing my heart out at OH saying that Seren would be better off living with someone who could be a proper mum to her and would have an immaculate house for her. I get so jealous of mums who seem to have everything organised.

i know... my friend backy has 2 children one 20months and one 5 months and her house is SO TIDY!!!! i keep thinking to myself if only i had the energy to be that organised... and when people offer to help me it just pisses me off coz then i know that people have notice that my house is untidy!!!!

Don't get hung up about having an immaculate house. Having two children and my working full time we find it impossible to keep on top of everything. So long as its reasonably clean, and the children are warm and fed, have clean clothes then i don't worry.

Sometimes when i see immaculate houses i feel as if the kids aren't allowed to do anything for fear of getting them/the house dirty.

Lifes too short to have an immaculate house i'd rather spend the time with my kids and OH, and cooking proper food for them, than spending all day hovering, cleaning etc..

tbh I never understand how some people manage to find loads of housework to do, I think it helps to have a system in place where you share jobs. See OH and I do all the house work together one day of the weekend, then I dont feel like Im just left to do everything. He cleans and hoovers all the floors while I do the dusting and clean the bathrooms. All done in one morning then, not feeling like I have to do stuff round the house everyday. I do washing randomly through the week, never touch an iron, as I wear vest tops and jeans and stuff and if OH wants a shirt he irons it himself. I cook dinner and he does washing up, and each evening once Noah has gone to bed we just pick up his toys off the floor and sling them in his toy box.
Can you put a system into place like this so you dont feel like you have so much to do?

I get so jealous of mums who seem to have everything organised.

hehehehe i felt the same at the baby show when you had a lovely healthy lunch all packed up for Seren, you never have to doubt what kind of mother you are, you are one of the best i have ever known ver passionate and you can see Seren is your main priority!!

Vic, you know we are all here for you, keep coming on here and let us know how your getting on:hugs:

i really hope you get better soon

Right now i feel so inadequate to all you guys ....

Your all there caring for your children and im not,

Every single one of you are fantastic mums and never let anyone say any different

xxx

aw thanks everyone :cry: I'm really touched by all the comments. I know I'm not alone and lots of people are the same boat.

Thank you for saying I'm not lazy! I was beginning to wonder :blush:

I sometimes feel like I don't know what's normal and what isn't anymore :D I am trying to enjoy Eva and get my little poetry business up and running.

Dionne/Beanie - are you still ok for me to use those pics on my website? also would you be able to write me a little testamonial if you don't mind? just something short will do! thanks!!

xxx

Right now i feel so inadequate to all you guys ....

Your all there caring for your children and im not,

Every single one of you are fantastic mums and never let anyone say any different

xxx

imi dont be silly! you are doing the best think for maddie by getting yourself better! you are caring for your little bubs every day, helping it grow stronger until it is ready to come into the world. please dont feel inadequate, we all do our best and thats all we can manage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->