Those of you who know your baby's gender and tell..

Momma2Violet

Reaction score
what sort of response do you get? I guess I'm a little dismayed, because we didn't really care WHO we had cooking, it's our first and that's special, right? But, there have been a couple of folks--one of my closest friends, actually, who literally said, "oh...gee...a girl...*sigh*", When I told her...and it somewhat deflated the enthusiasm I had for a baby--any baby, really. Made me feel like girls were a bummer. Even though most everyone else has had a wonderful reaction--especially my husband, her reaction sticks in my head.

Even after I let it go, she still made a comment a few days later about how difficult girls were, and they just weren't as loving as her "boys". She also is a fabulous seamstress and chose to make her friend who is having a boy (in April--we're due in February) something, and made sure to tell me about it, but never mentioned making our little one anything. Whatever. Right?

My husband is over the moon about his "girls" and I am trying to feel the same. Can't help but wonder what the heck she's talking about.

ive told most people and i have had some "Are you happy then" reactions and im like well duuhh!!! why wouldnt i be i didnt care what it was aslong and she was ok, im not gunna be like "ohh not really cos were having a girl and i wanted a boy :( " some people need to grow up

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ignore your friends insensitive comment. Maybe it's what she wanted. Oh well- it's not her baby. Congrats on your little girl!

Well everyone was happy for me with my first a girl. But this time everyone ive told that its another girl are like 'oh well maybe next time u'll have a boy' Im like no im happy thanx and we are sticking to 2 girls!!

Thanks, girls. It's strange, really--you're right--it's like you're just going to "exchange" the little one for another type? Guess it goes along with all the unwanted, unsolicited "advice" pregnancy brings. Everyone has an opinion!

I have 2 girls and a boy and can honestly say that they all love cuddles and kisses (up to now:happydance:)

I'm not sure why a lot of people prefer girls to boys:dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

They're all just as special as each other and until they're a bit older I don't think the sex of the baby makes any difference

Lauren has always been academic and loves learning

Abi is boistrous and more like a lad:rofl:

Toby is very cute but also mischievious

all 3 are totally different and I think that's because they're indiviuals not coz they're either girls or boys IYKWIM?

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PINK BUMP:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I get that reaction quite alot because i have 1 girl, 2 boys and bump will be my 3rd boy.
My mum is pissing me off most tbh, "oh we have enough boys in this family" personally im more than happy to be having another boy, put it this way, no lads will ever hurt my girl when she grows up, not when she has 3 brothers fighting her corner!!!

I haven't had a negative reaction to me having a girl. We were all convinced she was a boy so were all shocked more than anything. Everyone seems happy I am having a girl. I think they would have been happy either way as I am the first in my family to reproduce :rofl:

my mother AND DH's mother's reaction was less than nice when we said we were having a girl. to be honest i think it's a culture thing for them...having a boy first just seems ideal or is more traditional. My mother was asking 'So is it a boy?!" before i could even get the words out, and after i say girl it was like "oh...oh...well...that's good!" and DH's mother was like "oh!!! that's great! well, maybe next time then!" :hissy:

We would have been happy either way but i think they think we were aiming for a boy simply because boys are ideal first for them...

Sounds like its her problem, not yours sweetie. Congratulations on your beautiful healthy baby girl :D

i have the same, one of my best mates wife is due in april, and when i told him we;re having a girl he was like " oh maybe next time, sorry to hear that!" i said no I WANTED A GIRL... and i got the reaction is if... i was crazy?!

Ah well its my bubba not his!

Good Luck with ur pink bump hun x

Try and ignore your friend's insensitive and unfeeling comments.
Congratulations on your pink bump!

:hug:

maybe shes jealous, she probably secretly wants a girl but shes got boys

just ignore her hun, its not worth gettin upset about

xxx

Like everyones saying i would just ignore the comments. Ive got two girls and they are wonderful i wouldnt change them for the world. I got those comments a lot at the birth of my 2nd daughter. Its best just to try and ignore them and to enjoy your pregnancy. Be it boy or girl if you've got a healthy baby in your arms at the end of the day thats all that matters. x

Right, all of you. I admit, I was a bit bummed for a few hours and then thought, "well, what's wrong with girls?" I'm one---um...SHE'S one! We all have to get here somehow....I can't help it if this little girl is who the universe decided we need :) She's coming to us for a reason!

Ive got 2 girls and 2 boys 1 girl and 1 boy were nightmare babies, bad feeders, wouldnt sleep very restless and narky and the other boy and girl were angels, so the girls are worse than boys doesnt stand there at the end of the day as long as they are healthy and happy does it really matter what sex we get. i dont know what im getting this time as hospital has strict no sexing policy and am not really bothered as long as he/she is healthy as this will be my last one.
So dont take to heart your friends insensitive comments as long as you and oh are happy it doesnt matter what others think u are mummy and daddy after all.

CONGRATS ON TEAM PINK

:hug:

My mom was clearly a little sad when we found out we were having a boy. But thats because my sisters both have boys..and they both told my mom they would have another baby..but never did. So shes a bit concerned we might not have another as well...even though we will. It sucks when you know people are upset...but its your baby with your OH...no one else should matter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->