Those who can't wait until 20 weeks to know the sex...

justplay91

Mama to Kai and Zoe!
Reaction score
Hi ladies! I'm not currently expecting, but about a year ago now, I was around 12 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I COULDN'T WAIT to find out whether it was a boy or a girl. But because I was so young and had no risk factors, I didn't have the option to have the Verifi/Harmony testing done and couldn't find out until I was about 20 weeks along.

OH and I are TTC again already, and as I was ordering some wondfo OPKs off of Amazon, I stumbled upon this brand new test called the SneakPeek at home gender test. Has anyone here ever heard of/used this? I googled it, and it appears to be a test that utilizes the same technology as the Verifi or Harmony, except that it doesn't tell you any information about possible chromosomal abnormalities. My understanding is you just take a small blood sample and mail it in, and get results by email soon thereafter. I think it would be a good option for someone who is deemed low-risk, and therefore isn't offered any testing at the doctor's office. Reading the reviews (if you look it up on amazon), it seems pretty legitimate. As desperate as I was to find out the sex early in my pregnancy last time, I really wish this had been an option! Haha.

https://sneakpeektest.com/

Those of you who can't wait, how do you feel about this? Do you think it's worth the $100?

I've never heard of this type of testing before, no idea if it's available in the UK.

I was eager to find out gender with DD and had an early gender scan at 17 weeks and that cost £100 which is $150. I guess you get to see baby in a scan though and see all is okay!

Personaly, I think I'd wait for the scan at 16 weeks for that reason. There's something a it more magical about seeing the sex on a scan and seeing baby at the same time xx

icklemonster, I must say I agree. Now that I've had the awesome experience of finding out on the scan, I want that again. But had I had this last time, I'm pretty sure I would have gladly handed over $100!

I've bookmarked the site, and will totally be doing the $169 overnight option with the next baby as soon as 9 weeks rolls around! Thanks for the link :flower:

Not sure if they do that in the UK I've never seen ought like this before, if they did I'd defaintly have done it lol, x

So I immediately researched this, because I was impatient to know with DD and imagine I'll be the same with any future pregnancies. If you google it there is a 2000+ thread on another pregnancy website where women have been doing it since last month. Seems like the results so far are mixed ( stopped reading after page 50 and skipped to the end to see the latest posts from yesterday and today - it's an active thread if you're really curious about the test). Some have had their results confirmed by the other blood tests and ultrasounds, and others have had false results. I'm hoping by the time I get to that stage there will be more accurate reviews done. Of course it's hard to tell if those false results are from women messing up the blood sample, or from the company's testing itself.

Either way I'm still having a private ultrasound done at 15 weeks to confirm. :haha:

Kitteh_Kat, yes I've seen mostly good reviews but some where the test came back as "boy" and it turned out to be a girl. My guess would be that since it's a test done at home rather than in a sterile doctors office, the blood sample gets contaminated with dad's or brother's DNA and becomes inaccurate. That could be a problem with a test like this. I'm going to look up the other thread and see what I can learn about this. Thanks!

If you can't find it let me know and I'll PM it to you!

The instructions say not to do it around any males, so I wonder if those women didn't bother to clean themselves or the area properly first. I think a couple people expressed concerns about previously having had a boy recently and potentially some of their DNA was still left over.

Either way I'm going to keep an eye on the reviews, and if it turns out to be a legit company then I will definitely fork over the money to find out early! The results seem to be pretty quick too, compared to the week+ that the other blood tests take. I'll probably be glued to my email inbox waiting for the notification to come in. :haha:

I paid $60 for my gender scan and got a coupon for 50% on a 3D visit. The blood test sounds cool, but I think I'll go with the scan next time as well. :) At my clinic they guarantee from 13 weeks on, and we had mine at 15w5d... They were right. :D

I'm debating this as you can find out as early as 9 weeks!! My husband, on the other hand, wants to wait for the ultrasound to find out :growlmad:

If we had it in the UK, I probably would do it.

Though I am looking forward to the magic of the scan so I think I'll probably pay just to go early!

Pretty interesting! I don't know if I could hold off until 20 weeks. My OB has offered me a gender ultrasound at 16w so I took it. I have quite a lazy fetus (as seen on both 8 and 12w scans) so I might not be able to tell what it is then. If I can't, we'll get a private u/s and try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->