Those who have four

Aneesa_09

Reaction score
How do you do it with four children?

Space wise / rooms / cars ?

I am wondering this too?!! I am 7wks with number 4. Was certainly a bit of a surprise!!

I'm on baby number 7 but I don't drive and space wise we just do it not sure with this surprise baby I have 5 boys and a little girl and we was done our family complete but we will cope as us mums do:)

I am pregnant with number 4!! We have a 4 bed town house 3 of the bedrooms are double. And two 7 seater cars. I have 3 boys and a girl on the way. Two youngest are 7 and nearly 2 so they will share a very big double room, my eldest who is nearly 9 will
Have his own double and my little girly will have the single when she is here ;) living space wise it's a good size house so not worried about that.
I think people manage whatever.. My friend has 7 in a 4 bed but smaller house and they manage just fine house always looks lovely kids are v happy!

This is my fourth, too, but I planned for a big family. I have only a four bedroom house, and my parents live in one, but the bedrooms are huge - big enough to house 10 kids between the two that I currently use for my three (who are 3, 2 and 1). I'm still in my 20s and come from a family where you're fertile for a long time and have huge families - average 13 kids. That isn't my plan, but my house is built around having a big, close family because I always have friends or relatives over.

I live in the U.S. and have a Honda Oddessey minivan that seats 8 and currently houses 2 rear facing carseats and one front facing. When my nephew comes around, we use another front facing carseat for him. I can fit 6 car seats (rear faced, front faced, doesn't matter) and 2 adults (mom and dad) in my current car, but I am thinking of getting a bigger car that seats 12 (a Mercedes Sprinter) because my parents are elderly and ride in my car a lot. We also need more "trunk" space for double strollers and bikes and such.

I have lots and lots of living space in my house - it's over 4,500 sq feet. There are 3 family rooms (one is currently used as a music room), 2 dining rooms (with 18 chairs between them right now), big hallways, an office I can convert to whatever, a finished basement, 4 bathrooms (3 with a shower/bath), etc. but like I said, I prepared for this life. The house I lived in before this would only have held 2 kids in bunk beds, so I'd be in trouble already with 3 kids. We also just bought our van when we found out we were expecting our third.

Reading this makes me wish to have 4 or more one day but I think age wise I won't be able to do it anymore. :(

Wow I wish I had that much space @ PP

I agree mothers are able to manage.

I wish I came from a family that had big families... I'm the only sibling and the youngest one to go to 4 children, I haven't even told anyone yet as I don't even want to hear the remarks. They will think I am crazy

This is my 4th. Wasn't planned and now we will have to upgrade everything. We will need to get a 7 seater car. Our home is currently only 2 bedrooms! We had our house in another state for sale but it hasn't sold so now we have to rent it out again, which means we can't buy or rent anything else where we live because rent doesn't cover the loan. We rent of my fil so we are hoping to do a little bedroom extension.

We are expecting number 4!! We're in the process of looking for a 7 seater car! We have a 3 bed house and currently our 2 boys share. We have enough room for another but will probably look at moving a few years down the line as they get older. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->