Those who have had MMC - please calm my nerves lol

mel28nicole

Reaction score
I had a previous MMC. It was discovered at my second appointment at 13+6 when they couldnt find a heart beat. I had an ultrasound to confirm it.

This pregnancy has been a lot better. They saw me a lot sooner at 6+6. I had an ultrasound at 7+3 and baby was measuring ahead and had a beautiful heartbeat. Now that it's getting closer to my next appointment, I'm getting scared again. I just keep thinking about last time and hoping they will hear the heartbeat. I'll be 10+6 at my next appointment.

Has anyone had a previous MMC, had an early scan, and everything still turned out fine? My anxiety is going nuts lol.

Our stories might be different, but I can absolutely relate to the fear that you are having. I hadn't even had an appointment when I lost my last baby, and at almost 8weeks I am afraid sometimes that it will all happen again... But If you can...

Choose not to fear, it wont help of change anything.
Choose to celebrate everyday that you have of this pregnancy, that way if the worst is to come... You will look back and remember the joy and not the worry.

I know that is hard... I really do. But you have heard the heart already and that significantly improves things for the baby! Hold on to that!

Best wishes!

No advice really, i have had a MMC. I only went for a scan at 10 weeks cos i was spotting. scan confirmed i had lost the baby. I went on to have another early loss and then had my son, now pregnant again. im 12 weeks 2days and still scared of MMC. Im sure everything is fine this time, how have you been feeling? symptom wise?

I fell pg back in 2007, my scan at 6 weeks showed a healthy little baby, but when I went back for a scan at 11 weeks it showed my baby's heart had stopped beating at 8w 4d :-(

After that when I fell gp again I was so so so scared it was going to be the same, and all was fine I went on to have a healthy little boy!

I have since had another boy and a girl, and am now expecting number 4!

I'm sure all will be fine for you, but I understand your fear, I still have that fear even now! That is very good advice from mommy2star which I will be trying to follow myself too :)

I had a mmc in feb at 10 weeks 4 days.

This time I was convinced it would happen again. I had a scan at 8 weeks 2 days due to bleeding. Baby was fine and saw hb.
Then I bought a Doppler and because I couldn't find the hb I went into a frenzy. I was convinced baby had died. So I booked a private scan at 9 weeks 4 days.
Again baby was fine and we saw movement and everything.

Then as time went on it starts to creep up on you again. Luckily I found hb with Doppler at around 12 weeks so I've been listening everyday to the hb.

I have my NT scan tomorrow and before I found hb on the Doppler I was convinced they would tell me baby had died. But now I have the reassurance I need.

I know it's hard after a loss, especially a mmc because you aren't even aware it's happened.

I hope things go well for you and I'm sure your little baby is fine :hugs:

I had a MMC in February 2013. At 10 weeks I had a Lil red bleeding, I went to the ER with my SIL and the doctor didn't say anything about a low heart rate but my SIL mentioned she thought it was low. I went to my 13wk appointment and she couldn't find the heart beat. I had an ultrasound that confirmed a MMC and the baby stopped growing at 11 1/2 weeks. It was such a horrific experience so I know your fear all to well. So far this pregnancy everything is going well with my babe. :) What helps me is staying positive, don't let the fear take over, constantly telling myself that everything is going great. Its so hard not knowing for sure but just tell yourself that you WILL see a healthy baby just like you did at your other ultrasound. It also helps me to tell myself that this is a completely different pregnancy and this is a healthy one! I also spend a Lott of time thinking about labor and holding my baby and future ect. Idk if these things will help you but they help me and I hope they help you :)

Thank you all so much! I love this advice and the stories :)

I also got a doppler that I tried out yesterday and today. I SWEAR I hear the baby, but my MIL is convinced it's the placenta. idk, makes me worried tho.

I was having morning sickness. But I haven't gotta sick since last Wednesday. I still feel nauseous here and there but I haven't gotten sick. I have heartburn every night and I've been having back pain.

I'm also overweight. I'm 5'2" 270 lbs so I feel like it's just hard to try to detect a heart beat. I'm just praying that the scan I had earlier proves this baby will be healthy!

I don't think my dates were correct with my first pregnancy. They said the baby stopped growing at 8. My first appointment I was 9 weeks so the baby was already gone then. Plus I had no symptoms of a MMC so that's what scares me.

In my gut I feel pregnant and I know I am. It's just something in the back of my head ya know? I refuse to use my doppler again til my next appointment.

Yes the best thing to do it put it away for abit. I didn't use it until 12 weeks after that.

I don't rely on it either but it does help. I made a post with a link to the video of mine in the first tri section. If you look on YouTube you'll hear what baby's hb sounds like. I hear my hb which doesn't go past 100bpm the placenta is a whooshing beat which reads at about 120bpm.

The baby's should be between 120 and 180. Mine has been between 140 and 160 :)

When I found it, it was reading about 155. Some points it got to 175 but it was mostly 155. And It was moving away slightly so I kept loosing it. I really think it was the baby but my fiance isn't convinced lol. My appointment is Jan 27th so I can't wait to go in and hear it with better equipment.

It is also an Angelsounds doppler, which was only $45 so I think it's cheap. lol

I just got my doppler yesterday and I find what o am almost certain is the baby,and like yours it moves around. I will find it for like 10 second and then it will move! I asked in my other thread if that's normal. I would say wait until you are atleast 12 weeks to use it again if it makes you nervous. Its hard for me to find and hear and I'm 11 weeks

Well I know I've definitely found baby and I can tell you mine doesn't like to stay still lol as soon as I find the hb the baby's moved! :haha:

I even saw it moving on the last scan I had. It was amusing. I actually think the baby doesn't like being poked at with the Doppler lol

It does sound like baby's hb at that rate. As you get further along you'll hear it better and for longer.

Thank you sed! Mel I think we both hear the hb, but having someone tell you they don't think its the hb if definitely frustrating! Watching YouTube videos helps :)

I just keep seeing us at the appointment and doctor not finding it! It scares me so much lol. Im trying my best to stay positive! My MIL always talks about gut feelings, and she said she didnt have a good feeling with my first pregnancy but this pregnancy she KNOWS it will go well lol. I really do feel good about this one, it's just my past that haunts me ya know? Right now I could really go for some brownies and ice cream lmao

I watched a couple because I kept hearing that artery thinking it was baby but it wasn't until I watched the videos I understood lol. Plus when I do hear it, it's very light I have to turn it up all the way, but then again I'm only 9 weeks so that explains a lot!

My OH at first didn't think it was baby but I think it's just because he's pessimistic lol

But I do think you're both hearing baby's hb.

If feel a lot different this pregnancy which is helpful, but you can't help but have that worry.

Last time I never thought I'd of had a mmc, it was a shock. I went in head first and quite naive.

This time I prepared. Whatever happens will happen, but I do feel more confident this time :thumbup:

It doesn't help that I've had spotting and other issues! :dohh: but the Doppler has been a great help this past week.

Also even now at 13 weeks the hb is mostly faint and sometimes the Doppler doesn't even pick up the bmp. But after some persevering and after the baby moves into a better place, I hear it clearer.

Once you hear it you know the sound, it's different from the others and sounds so much faster. Even when it's faint I can tell it baby :)

Thank you so much sed! That's so reassuring! I can't wait til my appointment so the doc can confirm what I'm hearing!! Time is moving soooo slow!

mel28nicole , sounds like everything is going well. I remember the worry after my MMC :hugs: I hope your next appointment goes smoothly!

I had an MMC April 2011. Baby measured 6 weeks at 9 week scan. By 11 weeks it had disappeared and I had to medically abort the pregnancy (I took pills to force a miscarriage as the D&C seemed too invasive). I feel pregnant with my DD in June 2011 and she's now a healthy happy almost 2 year old!

I had scans at 7+1, 8+1, 10+1 and 12+5 and she measured perfectly each time

:hugs: loss is awful and it's hard to relax second time around (and so on!) but measuring on time/ahead and having a good heartbeat out the odds on your favour

Everything will be fine hun :flow: H&H 9 months to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->