Those who have stayed team yellow and found out with the other?

Bellaloo12

Mum of 5
Reaction score
Did you stay team yellow for one and not the other? What is better? x

I found out 3 times! This is my 4th
I do not have a clue. I am SO glad I didnt gave. I am just so excited for that moment!

I am expecting number 4 too and we have always found out we decided this time we probably wont find out now i am feeling unorganised because ive seen things i want but dont know if i can buy them or not lol. I have to have growth scans every 2 weeks from 26 weeks soo thinking are we going to end up finding out at some point lol x

I didn't find out with my first but have found out this time. The first time round I really wanted the surprise & to be able to have something interesting to tell people after the birth. But from 30 weeks I was desperate to know. At the end of an extremely long labour, I didn't care that my baby was a girl, as I'd desperately wanted. I felt too ill to be excited.

So this time we found out at the 20 week scan. I got all the excitement of finding out whilst feeling relaxed & comfortable. And I've enjoyed telling other people, whereas after the birth of my daughter I had too much else going on to care. Best of all, we've been able to tell my daughter & share the excitement with her.

So I think finding out is best, although I still don't think I would have liked to the first time. Maybe doing one of each is best!!

I had a surprise the first time and it was great, I birthed standing up and pulled him up to me and announced that he was a boy.

With my 2nd I wanted to know as I was hoping for a girl and wanted to be prepared either way. I was happy I found out as it gave me time to get excited about having another boy and giving my first a brother.

This time I had to find out too as I needed to prepare once again if it was a boy. I think if I already had a boy and a girl I would go for a surprise again but wanting a girl so much I just needed to know.

If you haven't done it before then I would recommend not finding out just so you can experience it :)

We found out with our first and it was a wonderful experience finding out we were having a boy. This time around we are opting for the surprise. I kind of want another boy and DH wants a girl. I don't have a longing of "having" to have one gender or another so whatever baby is will be great. I think if I felt very strongly of wanting a boy or girl I would have found out this time around, just in case. I think there are pros and cons to both ways and to just go with what feels right for you!

I stayed yellow with my first and then found out with my second. I would have stayed yellow again but hubby wanted to find out. Practically I'm glad we did as I'd kept all of dds clothes which I could then sell to buy him clothes otherwise I'd have been overwhelmed with things we could no longer use.

I didn't find that it helped bonding or anything though, he still wasn't named until he was here! Xx

I found out with my first 4. This is baby #5 and I do not want to know. Actually I get upset thinking about the doctor or someone spoiling the surprise by accident!
I have TONS of ultrasounds because I'm high risk and my MFM doctor looked dumbfounded when I told him I didn't want to know :haha:
My dh wants to know but he understands that I really really want to wait until birth to know. ❤ I think it will be an amazing feeling when they announce what sex it is!

I kept baby 1&3 a surprise and found out with number 2. For me I really enjoyed the surprise of 1&3 and prefer it to knowing. I was no more organised with number 2 than the others. X

Thanks ladies i really want a surprise but i really want to know now too lol x

I found out with with dd1, but stayed team yellow with dd2. I loved not knowing and would definitely stay team yellow again.

I'm on #5 and not finding out for the first time!

I didn't find out the first time and although the surprise was nice I didn't feel prepared at all not knowing. I didn't even have a girl name picked when I went into labour so it was a good thing I had a boy lol. This time I found out and I feel more relaxed about it. I plan this to be our last so it's nice to know I can get rid of all DS's baby clothes and buy girl stuff and I won't have to worry about organizing all that with a newborn and toddler. Personally I like being organized and feel flustered when I'm not so I think i like knowing more. But I do think it's fun to experience both....I don't think you will regret it either way.

I am so torn on this right now. I loved not knowing with #1 but this time I really want to know!

Ive had about 10 scans. Dunno how resisted!

We are going to film the moment we find out (hopefully!) As long as not an emergency etc then we are gonna film my OH telling me.

I'm on #5 and not finding out for the first time!

Same here! What is your EDD?

Wow yeah! April 1st

LOL I'm March 28th!! only 4 days apart

Wow that's awesome! How are you feeling? I'm starting to feel baby move pretty regularly which I love. Can't feel from the outside yet but to still nice.

I'm starting to get some energy back. Nausea subsided early this time(which leads me to think its a girl!). I feel baby everyday now too! :yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->