Those who have step counters

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Do you have to go on a walk daily to hit 10,000 steps? Or what kind of number do you hit just doing your regular household routine?

I have one on my phone. I make around 500 if I don't leave the house. It's dreadful, I have no idea how people make 10,000 a day. I have been out all day with the children walking round parks etc and never got over 1000 steps. The step counter must be broken lol :)

The ones on phones aren't usually very accurate to be fair :)

When i'm at work I do closer to 12,000 steps a day but then my job consists of walking round and delivering catalogues all day. When i'm at off work and at home I only tend to do around 5,000.

I find sometimes I will walk 3 steps and check my step counter when I first put it on and it hasn't recorded all of them :dohh:

If my goal is 10K/day, should I wear the step counter at the gym, or take it off and put it back on after the gym??

I'd probably keep it on at the gym 'coz its still part of it, unless your goal is 10k AND an hour at the gym in which case take it off.

The step counters only tend to record your step if it shakes so much, so if you don't wiggle your hips much (sounds daft!) might not record each step.

Mine gives me a target of 4,000 steps atm i reach that going to the shops and back (i have the DS game "walk with me")

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->