Those who haven't or selectively vaccinated ....

ellie

Mum to Kalden
Reaction score
.... Have you done or thought about doing anything else as an alternative?
E.g. homeopathy, or something else?

(please, no debates about the rights/wrongs of vaccinating - I'm just curious as to whether anyone has used alternatives to them) :flower:

We started out vaccinating so Landon had up to I believe 3yrs old..I'd have to look back at his actual record. And Casen stopped about 2. Hayden had just his first Hep B which I regret, but nothing else. They are now almost 3, 5 and 7.

We do nothing besides having them keep a healthy diet, wash hands, I carry antibacterial wipes and such to use when they've been playing someplace germy. I don't really do much. Hayden wears his amber necklace which is supposed to also help boost their immune system and I think it really works for him.

Me and Mark have been sick for weeks, I'm pretty sure we have Whooping Cough....none of the boys have got it thus far.

leyla got her 2 month and 4 month injections and we just never went back, this new baby will likely be getting none but im not sure what to do yet, neither babies will be getting the mmr, like mo3 said i just make sure she eats plenty of healthy food, i ahve a really good book that tells you the right foods to give to boost immune system and its basically lots of wholemeal food and fruit, veg and certain herbs, we restrict unhealthy stuff to pretty much nothing, sometimes she has unhealthy lunches, like today she had her second ever burger king purely cos we were out and i was craving it, but she doesnt get things like sweets, sugary yopghurt snacks and that, we give her cheerios / porridge for breakfast, then healthy meals for lunch and dinner, shes hardly ever ill and when she is it has lasted like a day and shes been fine again :)

i didnt know that about the amber necklace, leyla always has hers on aswell so thats good to know :)

x

This is definitely something that I have been struggling with. I don't like vaccinations, my dogs do not get them, I titer test them instead. I have a dog who is sensitive and reacts to everything. I feel like how can I expose my little one if I am not even comfortable exposing my dogs.

That being said, I also worry that if they do get something because I chose not to vaccinate, I will feel absolutely terrible.

I'm hoping once he arrives I'll know what to do. My doula told me that I will likely know what is the right thing for me to do once I hold him in my arms. :)

And I've already got his amber necklace waiting in the medicine cabinet for him to be old enough to wear it!!!

i think that aswell but at the same time i think, well if she got ill because of her injections id feel just as bad, its so difficult being a parent, i think you need to just do a lot of research on vaccinations and do what you think is best, thats all you can do

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->