Thoughts on alcohol during the TWW?

sil

Reaction score
For my birthday, hubby bought me tickets to a beer tasting event. However, I will be 9-10 DPO when the event happens. I was wondering what you ladies thought about going. I am going to take a pregnancy test that morning to be sure it is negative if I do go, but I didn't know if it was something that was safe or not to go if a test shows negative (because at 10 DPO isn't it possible to be pregnant but not have it show on a test yet)? Any advice (non judgmental please) is welcome, as I am not sure what to do!

The placenta doesn't take over nourishment of the fetus until 6 weeks. At 10dpo you would only be experiencing implantation or the very beginning of the pregnancy so I think it would absolutely fine to go to the beer tasting. Enjoy!

Totally agree! Go have a beer and have fun, you don't need to stop drinking in the TWW.

I went to a hen's night and got absolutely slaughtered about 8dpo with my first and he is completely fine and wonderful. (Just want to add he was a surprise pregnancy, so I wasn't being irresponsible!)

Indulge while you can :) I am enjoying a lovely bottle of wine this weekend (my last I hope!)

I have two weddings during my 2WW and will definitely have a glass of wine or two at both! As far as shots and hard liquor go- probably not a good idea!

Thanks ladies! I will take a test that morning and go if BFN, then! I am excited. I was hoping I would get to go but nervous with how the timing was. I appreciate all of the advice

I went on a camping weekend about 13dpo. I tested the morning before we left and it was negative. So i got nice and drunk that weekend!

A few days later when still no af i tested again and it was positive!

Had no problems so I'd say don't worry about it!

I'm sure it's fine. I looked at it like this (although I know there is lag time from blood to urine) if there isn't hcg in my system from the baby yet, then the alcohol in my system can't get to the baby.

When the placenta takes over has NOTHING to do with it though. If you can get a positive pregnancy tests, there is obviously hcg from the baby getting into your blood, which means alcohol from you blood can get to the baby.

There's new research to suggest that drinking the four weeks before pregnancy affects the baby's birth weight https://www.nhs.uk/news/2014/03Marc...ng-in-early-pregnancy-can-harm-your-baby.aspx

Alcohol consumption four weeks before pregnancy
Drinking more than two units per week four weeks before pregnancy was associated with lower birthweight (105.7g lower) and a 7.7 decrease in birth centile compared with not drinking. Drinking less than two units was not associated with lower birthweight or birth centile compared with not drinking.

I didnt find out with my 1st i was pregnant until i was around 3 months, Im not a big drinker never have been but the weekend before i tested i was legless, i was out with my ex and he was being a prick so i got drunk and had a laugh with the girlies, then he got angry so i got drunker and had a dance, then he started shouting , so i went home and drank some more, ( hes not an ex, he is a WHY!! ) anywho a week later i realised when asked by the doctor when my last AF was ( I was getting flu shot and he asked could i be pregnant ) i said no i wasnt pregnant, got the shot and went home, tested and nearly fainted, few months later out popped a healthy as a horse 9lb tub of a baby! my son is still healthy and top of his class in school!

They can say baby had a lower birth weight from drinking in TTW but lower than what? With my 2nd She was planned, vitiams and healthy foods and less junk and no drink at all and she was 1lb lighter weighing in at 8lbs!

My dr says it oesnt ffect until week 5 when the umbilical cord starts to develop

They can say baby had a lower birth weight from drinking in TTW but lower than what? With my 2nd She was planned, vitiams and healthy foods and less junk and no drink at all and she was 1lb lighter weighing in at 8lbs!

They are saying that mothers who drink more than 2 units of alcohol a week have babies who are lower in birth centile weight than those babies whose mothers drank less than 2 units a week.

My son was 9lb and i didnt know i was pregnant for alot of the pregnancy, im not saying they are wrong im just saying i dont think it was the case for me! esp in what would have been my 2 week wait as dates show it would have been around my birthday and there where parties in and around there lol

I think it will be fine I have 3 that I wasn't TTC with and didn't find out I was pregnant until I was 8 week with all 3 when the sickness kicked in and I drank while pregnant on the weekends and all 3 of mine weighted in no less than 8lbs 6oz and all if them make A B honor roll ever 6 weeks since they have started school with my oldest having a 3.75 GPA now I'm sure if you drink throughout the whole pregnancy or do drugs the whole pregnancy it may harm them but mine p definitely didn't have low birth weight and are extremely smart...... Have a beer 2 or 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->