Thoughts on announcement - and what was yours like?

MIL is flipping out waiting for us to tell the grandparents, this Mother's day there was supposed to be a big gathering but because DH is working I've managed to duck under the radar of going - MIL really wanted us to share the news then. DH and SIL share a birthday next week and I'll be at 9+5 at the party so we'll be sharing with the small amount of family and friends that will be there. Thank goodness MIL will finally have someone to talk at:haha:

Hi ladies. So tomorrow is Mother's Day but we are seeing MIL tonight. We have decided to hold off for now. I just can't help bit be scared. I'm having breakfast with my closest girlfriends next weekend when I'll be 9 weeks but now I'm also reconsidering telling them. Our baby's heart rate at our scan at 7+2 was 120 which we were told was fine but I think it's shaken me a bit that its not faster. I have a doppler at home so will be checking every couple of days to try and get a hb. Once I get to hear it home hopefully I'll relax a little.

I just can't seem to get really excited because I'm just scared. Sorry for being such a downer ladies!

I also just don't think if something does go wrong that I can face anyone so I will wait until closer to 12 weeks. Our next scan is at 12+5 and is the NT scan. Hurry up time!! Lol

I agree. I feel like you should tell when you're ready. With our first, the DH couldn't wait so we told early I think around 6 weeks. With this one, I couldn't seem to keep it in as it was such a surprise. I'm at 5weeks 3 days now and we have told my FIL, our baby sitter(very close friend), and part of the management team where I work (I'm the assistant director and my boss is very supportive). We bought our DD a t-shirt that says I'm so darn cute my parents decided to make another and are gonna let her wear that tomorrow for the get togethers. I also plan to take some pictures with shoes. I will probably wait until closer to 12 weeks to post it on Facebook or at least until our first scan on the 30th of this month. Honestly, I feel like I would need support at work and with the family. I had I loss when I was sixteen. I also tend to be extremely sick so everybody would suspect it next week anyway. Good luck!

Wishing89, I know it really can be nerve wracking!! I go through the same thing. It is only natural to be so concerned especially since we all try so hard just to get to this point. Maybe a bit of comforting statistics will help. After 9 weeks you have like a 2% chance to have a miscarriage. Not only that, if the doctors say the hb is fine then I am sure it is!! If you feel more comfy waiting a couple more weeks to tell the fam / friends then go for it. I think you should do it when you feel the most comfortable!

Haven't announced it yet. But I had professional family pics done. We did a picture of a close up of a sign that said "And then there were five" with my family blurred in the background (currently 4 of us). So I'll have lots of our regular family pics and the last picture will be the sign and then a pic of our ultrasound which is scheduled for this thursday. We are telling them next weekend, I'll be 8.5-9 wks along. :) then for gender reveal we are doing the black balloon filled with either pink or blue confetti.

We did the tshirt on DD for our Facebook announcement but waited to announce until we had had our 12w scan. I loved it :) dunno if to do the same again this time round but with DD2's saying "I'm going to be a big sister" and DD1's saying something along the lines of me too... Again! :haha:

We tried to get her to hold the scan pic too but she just kept trying to scrunch it up!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 5
We have a 10 week scan booked, and my parents are visiting the weekend following it, so we are going to tell our parents then :D

I think he wants to tell his formally (you're going to be grandparents). I'm going to make reference to Christmas dinner... I invited everyone to mine for this year, and I think I'm going to bring it up and tell them they don't have any choice as I won't be travelling.... Because... *present them with photograph of the ultrasound in a Christmas card*

Or something. Lol.

I already have an idea for Facebook and the rest of the world, and it involves my dogs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->