Thoughts on boy names

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by teddiebear_hu, Feb 1, 2011.

1. teddiebear_hu

teddiebear_hu Well-Known Member

Tripp Gaillard (Tripp is a family name)
    Ryker Truett
    Cian Lennox
    Paxton Calder
    Maddox Becker
    Keagan Berkley
    Carter Beckett
    Parker ________
    Brycen ________

Any other suggestions for first names that would go with the others would be appreciated.

I have long lists of boys and girls names because I will be adopting several children in the next decade from the foster care system. The first within the year. My age range will be newborn through young school-age. I wanted to be able to have several choices for the older ones (if I adopt any older ones), so they could help chose. I also can see which ones I feel suits them best. I will be changing their names, not only because naming a child is special, but for safety and protection.

2. teddiebear_hu

a little bump

3. birdiex

birdiex Guest

I looove Parker!
    How about Grayson? Grayson's nice :)

4. teddiebear_hu

I LOVE Grayson! But my cat's name is Grayson...and my last name ends in son. I really love lots of boy names that end in son.

5. RubyRainbows

RubyRainbows TTC Baby#2 Since Oct/2009

Have you talked with the foster care agency about this? I have worked with many foster families over the years..... it's very rare they change a child's name, unless its a newborn. Even then, they often keep the same name. (I would guess 50% of the time they change a newborn's name/10% of the time they may change a child's name over 1.5 years of age). (after adoption, of course!)

The purpose of foster care is for a loving family to provide a home-like setting temporarily until that child is returned home. The goal (almost always) is for the parents to work on and achieve goals so their baby/child can safely be returned home. In the US, parents have 12-14 (sometimes longer) months to work towards reunification with their children. So, of course, the child should be called by the name their parents gave them... since the goal is for them to be returned to their parents. Unfortunately parents don't always meet those goals... and kids can not return home safely & then parental rights are terminated & they can then be adopted. But by then the foster family has been calling that child by their birth name... and the baby knows that birth name... so its not always best to change it.

With an older child, i personally feel, there are very few instances that their name should ever be changed. They've already had so many changes, so much loss, so many identity changes (going from home to home) that their name is the one constant in their life.

Not sure if the system is different where you live... but if your goal is to adopt, rather than provide temporary foster care (that may or may not lead to adoption)... than you may want to look into an adoption agency, rather than a foster care agency.

Just throwing in my two cents, since i see everyday the lines of foster parents being blurred, and leading to heartache & disappointment.

:flower: :flower: :flower:

6. teddiebear_hu

I will be fostering...but I will also be adopting. I am on many adoption boards, irl adoption groups, and my friend is a social worker. Many adopted children have their names changed. One reason is for protection of that child. There are many other reasons. I do not feel this is a place to discuss this, but wanted to let everyone know why my lists are long. No, I will not be able to change foster children's' names. They are with me on a temporary basis. Adoption is another story, it is permanent. I am adopted myself. I was 8 weeks old.

7. odd_socks

odd_socks Long Term WTT

i love parker :D

8. RubyRainbows

RubyRainbows TTC Baby#2 Since Oct/2009

Just wanted to provide some helpful information, since i am a social worker & work with the foster care system on a daily basis. I do feel the conversation is still on track, being as it's a discussion about "names" and we are on a name thread.

I do apologize for getting off-topic of your original question, tho...

9. teddiebear_hu

Please don't feel you need to apologize. I know you were helping and giving information. And I thank you for that.

10. fairy_gem

fairy_gem Well-Known Member

Ok, so the boys!

There's no theme no, just the same sort of style as the other middles you have already chosen, yeah?

x

11. fairy_gem

Parker Cade
    Parker Rafferty
    Parker Sullivan
    Parker Landon
    Parker Dawson

Brycen Granger
    Brycen Farrell
    Brycen Jett
    Brycen Wade
    Brycen Chase

Brecken Reid
    Brecken Ralph
    Brecken Slade
    Brecken Adler
    Brecken Archer

x

12. teddiebear_hu

Fabulous! Thank you so much! I LOVE Parker Rafferty, Brycen Granger, and Brecken Reid!

I have a few more boy names; Declan, Bennett, Hudson, and Cormac. I'm off searching, but if you have anything off the top of your head for middles that would be great. You have done so, so much! I thank you so very much!

13. fairy_gem

You're welcome hun.

Declan Reese
    Declan Blaine
    Declan Braddock
    Declan Jamison
    Declan Keane

Bennett Rowan
    Bennett Ryland
    Bennett Darwin
    Bennett Arlen
    Bennett Clayton

Hudson Quinn
    Hudson Curtis
    Hudson Darcey
    Hudson Ellis
    Hudson Riley

Cormac Ackerley
    Cormac Emerson
    Cormac Fallyn
    Cormac Hadley
    Cormac Hunter

x

14. teddiebear_hu

I have been having a very, very difficult time getting on the forums. Not sure what the issue is. At first I thought it might be the internet here, but it's only this board.

These are Fan-tab-ulous! I have several that really jump out at me.

Again, thank you tons and tons!

15. fairy_gem

No problem.

x

16. peaches1978

peaches1978 Well-Known Member

I love Carter and Maddox xx

17. teddiebear_hu

I decided on Declan Braddock, Hudson Riley, and Cormac Hunter...still thinking about Bennett.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

18. fairy_gem

Glad i could help. x