Thoughts on these names?

I also immediately thought of Ren and Stimpy :/

Charlotte is my current #1 favorite girls name :) It is classy and elegant. I also like Evelyn and Abigail.

Regarding Ren and Stimpy, I don't think anyone younger than ~25 or older than ~40 is going to get that reference. Current kids won't have heard of it, both because it was before their time, and because it isn't a "kid" cartoon. And by the time they are school aged, noone will probably remember the show anyway.

I think Lane is typically a boy's name, although I could see it as a nickname for Elaine. My OH actually likes it for a boy, but I have the opposite worry...that people will assume it is a girl.

Abigail Cute, but I probably know half a dozen of them

Wren My ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE. I've adored this name for years and it's top of my list. Am shocked shocked shocked by people who think it's a boy's name (?!??!!) A sweet little bird. I'm twisting my OH's arm on this one.

Vivien Makes me think of The Young Ones, but you're probably too young to get the reference. :haha:

Evelyn Similar feelings to Abigail.

Charlotte Ditto.

Hadley Very cute. I like boyish names on girls.

Layne I'd spell it Lane but again, very cute.

Asher It's a name that I feel like I should like, but for some reason don't.

Liam Classic. But a bit dull?

Regarding Ren and Stimpy, I don't think anyone younger than ~25 or older than ~40 is going to get that reference. Current kids won't have heard of it, both because it was before their time, and because it isn't a "kid" cartoon. And by the time they are school aged, noone will probably remember the show anyway.

I think Lane is typically a boy's name, although I could see it as a nickname for Elaine. My OH actually likes it for a boy, but I have the opposite worry...that people will assume it is a girl.

do you think our parents thought the same about tom and jerry or loony tunes lol... some kids will know, me and my partner have the video our son can have them if he wants, he already like some of the 'old' cartoons we used to watch that aren't around anymore

Abigail Cute, but I probably know half a dozen of them

Wren My ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE. I've adored this name for years and it's top of my list. Am shocked shocked shocked by people who think it's a boy's name (?!??!!) A sweet little bird. I'm twisting my OH's arm on this one.

Vivien Makes me think of The Young Ones, but you're probably too young to get the reference. :haha:

Evelyn Similar feelings to Abigail.

Charlotte Ditto.

Hadley Very cute. I like boyish names on girls.

Layne I'd spell it Lane but again, very cute.

Asher It's a name that I feel like I should like, but for some reason don't.

Liam Classic. But a bit dull?

I thought the same with Vivian lol used to love him... always wanted the 5 stars on my forehead

do you think our parents thought the same about tom and jerry or loony tunes lol... some kids will know, me and my partner have the video our son can have them if he wants, he already like some of the 'old' cartoons we used to watch that aren't around anymore

I know guys named both Tom and Jerry, and the cartoon reference never occurred to me, lol. Some people might think of it, some might not. If I heard the name Wren without seeing it written, I'd probably think it was 'Ren' as in, short for Renee. Then again, I didn't watch much tv as a kid! :dohh:

The thing is, you can worry way too much about cultural references. I mean, Nick seems like a pretty safe name, right? But in my country right now there's a big advertising campaign with the catch line "Don't be a Nickhead." So lots of Nicks will be getting a hard time. But in two years, nobody will care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->