Threadworms!.... Please help! I need natural effective solutions!

EcoMama

Reaction score
I have threadworms, I am freaking out :cry: :cry:

My ds (5) and dd (1) are showing no signs (thankfully!)

I've had them for 2 days I reckon. Only realised today (tmi.... had a look, found a couple in poo!)

I don't want to take meds as breastfeeding. Has anyone had these? Any foods I can eat to help get rid? I've already increased my cleaning regime. My ds has had meds today, but my dd can't as too young. (OH working away and showing no signs, will leave it to him if he wants to take meds)

(ps.... I'm on my 3rd glass of wine of the night, as can't stand the wriggling/tickly feeling eugh! (Sorry!))

I have no experience, but from what I have read briefly 6 weeks of strict hygiene should cure it. Wash bedding frequently, clean pajamas and close fitting underwear each night, wash the affected area first thing in the morning, and your hands and under your fingernails. Hope you get it cleared up soon!

I think you will probably have to take meds to get rid of them. Have you talked to your doc about meds compatible with BFing?

Thank you! Not chatted to doctor yet. Have been googling like mad!

I've found online that garlic and pumpkin seeds help!

I am also cleaning frantically! They have a lifespan of 6 weeks, so as long as I don't reinfect myself with the eggs then I should be clear of them by then. But the eggs are a bugger to clear.

They're invisible and are airborn so you can breath them in! The only thinig that can kill them is heat..... I'm currently looking at steam cleaners to hire!

In the mean time it's hoover hoover hoover, damp clean everything that is touched, wash beddings/towels daily! (Such hard work, my poor washing machine!)

I have been using cloth nappies since day one with my 1yr old. For the past 2 days I have gone on to sposies :( Just incase she has them, to avoid reinfection and excess washing! I hope she's back in cloth soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->