Threatened Miscarriage - How quick to receive blood results

Butterfly - not sure if it'll be of any comfort but I went through this and my HCGs didn't double in 2 days - they went up by 80% and everything is ok and I am over 10 weeks now - we saw the baby on Friday wiggling around and waving his/her arms and legs.

When I had my HCGs the doc said that if they hadn't doubled then I would defo have an ectopic pregnancy (as they couldn't see any real evidence of a pregnancy in my uterus) but I didn't... they rescanned me 72 hours later and there was a yolk sac.

Don't give up hope. I am crossing my fingers for you. xx

Butterfly - not sure if it'll be of any comfort but I went through this and my HCGs didn't double in 2 days - they went up by 80% and everything is ok and I am over 10 weeks now - we saw the baby on Friday wiggling around and waving his/her arms and legs.

When I had my HCGs the doc said that if they hadn't doubled then I would defo have an ectopic pregnancy (as they couldn't see any real evidence of a pregnancy in my uterus) but I didn't... they rescanned me 72 hours later and there was a yolk sac.

Don't give up hope. I am crossing my fingers for you. xx

Thanks Charlie but mine has only gone up 65% in 4 days. I don't mean to sound so negative but just trying to be realistic.

I hope I'm proven completely wrong.............. but I really can't see it. I don't mean to sound so cold about it either but nothing will compare to the pain of losing my 12 month old baby 5 months ago.:cry:

Butterfly, you do not sound cold at all about it, but you are very brave and strong. I suppose you have had to be strong to go through losing Mollie, as you say nothing can compare with that pain. But it is still really sad that you are going through this. It would be such a lovely miracle if things worked out but as you say yourself things don't look good at the moment. I feel really sad for you that this is happening.

Today I've hardly had any cramping or spotting - how cruel our bodies can be.

I've read and read and read on the internet about slow rising hcg levels and I can't see any positive outcome from my situation 1170 to 1811 in 4 days.................... especially as I'm now 7 weeks since LMP. :cry:

I know what you mean, you just want to know for definite. I know you were saying that you had an earlier scan booked by A&E that you could go to, I can't remember when that was, was it this week sometime? Are you thinking of going to that scan? You must just feel like you are in limbo now waiting for what seems inevitable to happen. And when cramping and spotting stops it makes you start hoping again for the miracle and that must be nearly worse in a funny sort of way. I don't know anything about slowly rising HCG levels and maybe there is still a chance but I know you are saying from your research that it doesn't look good. :hugs:

I know what you mean, you just want to know for definite. I know you were saying that you had an earlier scan booked by A&E that you could go to, I can't remember when that was, was it this week sometime? Are you thinking of going to that scan? You must just feel like you are in limbo now waiting for what seems inevitable to happen. And when cramping and spotting stops it makes you start hoping again for the miracle and that must be nearly worse in a funny sort of way. I don't know anything about slowly rising HCG levels and maybe there is still a chance but I know you are saying from your research that it doesn't look good. :hugs:

Thanks Polaris............. I did ring about that scan but they told me the other hospital had rang and cancelled it. Monday's not that far away I suppose.

I'm just wondering what will happen if they do confirm the worst....... how quickly would they arrange a d & c or what would be my other options?

Thanks Polaris............. I did ring about that scan but they told me the other hospital had rang and cancelled it. Monday's not that far away I suppose.

I'm just wondering what will happen if they do confirm the worst....... how quickly would they arrange a d & c or what would be my other options?

I guess Monday is not too long to wait now. I've no direct experience but I know that a friend of mine was given drugs to cause the uterus to expel naturally instead of getting a D&C. I have to warn that this did not work for her as she ended up haemorrhaging and needed a D&C anyway. But she was later on about 12 weeks but they thought the drugs would be OK because from the scan the baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks. If you do choose that option, then make sure DH is around just in case things don't go as expected.

I hate the thought of scare mongering, but my levels were 1500 then 1700 48 hrs later at 6 weeks and that was Ectopic, i had spotting and cramps and then pain started right sided and severe!

However that is not to say that this is what is going on with you, every pregnancy is different, and im hoping and praying for you that its just simply 'slow rising hcg' and baby and you will be 100% huni you deserve this more than anything you really do!

Thinking of you xxx

Lorraine xx

I hate the thought of scare mongering, but my levels were 1500 then 1700 48 hrs later at 6 weeks and that was Ectopic, i had spotting and cramps and then pain started right sided and severe!

However that is not to say that this is what is going on with you, every pregnancy is different, and im hoping and praying for you that its just simply 'slow rising hcg' and baby and you will be 100% huni you deserve this more than anything you really do!

Thinking of you xxx

Lorraine xx

Thanks Polaris and Lorraine.

I'm fairly sure it's not ectopic otherwise they would of told me at the scan last Thursday.

I've been really silly and I have found a website called misdiagnosed miscarriages and it's about women who have had scans like me to be told empty sac and also slow rising or declining hcg levels and they were told they were having a miscarriage............ on returning to have a scan a week or so later a baby with a hb has been detected and the pregnancy continued to progress normally.

I COULDN'T SLEEP LAST NIGHT............. oh god please let it be the case for me. :help:

Wow it would be so great to see heartbeat on Monday. Maybe that's why the doctor wouldn't say anything more definite because after all your HCG levels were still rising even though slowly. :hug:

Wow it would be so great to see heartbeat on Monday. Maybe that's why the doctor wouldn't say anything more definite because after all your HCG levels were still rising even though slowly. :hug:

I hope so thanks hun :hugs:

Thinking of you xxx

Lorraine xx

Thanks Polaris and Lorraine.

I'm fairly sure it's not ectopic otherwise they would of told me at the scan last Thursday.

I've been really silly and I have found a website called misdiagnosed miscarriages and it's about women who have had scans like me to be told empty sac and also slow rising or declining hcg levels and they were told they were having a miscarriage............ on returning to have a scan a week or so later a baby with a hb has been detected and the pregnancy continued to progress normally.

I COULDN'T SLEEP LAST NIGHT............. oh god please let it be the case for me. :help:

I found that website too. Was nice reading everyone's happy stories :)

I'm off for another blood test at 10am and the doctor's surgery have been particularly helpful in saying they will get the results back this afternoon.

I can't believe that after having a few days of no cramps and very little spotting I have cramps and brownyred spotting today aaaggghhhhhhh

Why are our bodies so cruel to us......... I was really starting to believe everything might be ok.

I will update later today.

Thanks for all your support ladies - it means alot and it's great to be able to talk so openly and honest about it all.

My mum went to heaven 9 years ago today so not the best of days anyway. :-(

I'm off for another blood test at 10am and the doctor's surgery have been particularly helpful in saying they will get the results back this afternoon.

I can't believe that after having a few days of no cramps and very little spotting I have cramps and brownyred spotting today aaaggghhhhhhh

Why are our bodies so cruel to us......... I was really starting to believe everything might be ok.

I will update later today.

Thanks for all your support ladies - it means alot and it's great to be able to talk so openly and honest about it all.

My mum went to heaven 9 years ago today so not the best of days anyway. :-(

Gosh, what an emotional day for you hun. I hope the blood test reveal what you want them to hun, but if not you have to try and stay positive - I know this can't be easy when you've already been through so much as it is!!!

I'm thinking of you - let us know the results hun

xx

oh huni! :(

goodluck for today xxx

thinking of you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.