threatened miscarriage

ripley13

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice or reassurance really :(

Finally got bfp ..had what I thought was my period because it came on time last Friday. But it never got heavier like normal despite having some clots earlier on.. only tested because it was strange and I got really thirsty!

Doctor confirmed pregnancy with blood test .. hcg this Thurs was 48.Dont know if this is where it should be (pregnancy test said i was1-2 weeks pregnant) only found out Wed!

But I'm still bleeding slightly still ..not enough to fill a pad and i think its easing off.Has anyone gone on to carry full term despite having bleeding so soon? Is there anything I should or shouldn't be doing to help? Like foods or whatever ..my doctor told me to take it easy.

Sorry for length of post..have gone from being happy to really scared.
Also should I go ahead and get my flu jab done today or wait?
Thanks for any advice

It's not the same but something similar happened to me with my first pregnancy.
About 11 weeks pregnant I had a large PV bleed, passed a clot about fist sized. The Dr. I n A&E was convinced I had miscarried, I was told I had passed urtrine tissue. I had a scan at the EPU the next morning and bubs was completely fine with no sign I'd even had a bleed!

He is now a very active 19 month old!

Sending you my love I hope it turns out well xx

Are you getting more bloods done? Has he checked your progesterone? I bled/spotted for the first 10 weeks with my son. My diagnosis was threatened miscarriage.

Thank you both for replying. Feel so down..thought bleeding was going( was getting browner/lighter) but just passed a tiny clot. Bleeding is still v light and have some mild cramps now and then...

No basically I was told it was a threatened miscarriage and there's nothing they could do ..but wait it out a week and see if I'm still pregnant.

Ripley, don't lose heart just yet. It's fairly common to have some bleeding around the time you'd expect your period...I had this at 4 weeks, and also around 7.5 weeks, even with some tiny clots as you've described. At 8 weeks, I had a scan, and the baby was measuring right on at 8 weeks, with a strong heartbeat of 167 bpm, and it has never been determined why I was spotting/bleeding. If your progesterone is a bit low, I know that can cause something that looks like a period. Also, if you've had sex recently, or strained to have a BM, that can easily irritate a sensitive cervix, and cause a bit of spotting.

An hcg level of 48 is good, at only 1-2 weeks pregnant. You need to have another bloodtest 48 hours after the first test, to determine if your hcg is doubling. If it is doubling within a 48-72 hour window, than things are looking normal. :hugs:

Im wishing you all the best. This waiting is like an evil limbo. When Do you have your next scan? I'm waiting for my follow up on the 30th x

I know ..haven't had a scan yet, still too early.

Just popped in to give you :hugs: hun. I had bleeding with & without clots (although not enough to soak a pad) up until around 13/14 weeks. I was so worried, everyday felt like a waiting game for something to go wrong and I dreaded every scan so I can empathise with how you must be feeling. Although I haven't delivered yet, I wanted to give you some hope and reassurance that bleeding isn't always the end. I have had 3 healthy and normal scans and bub is kicking me now as we speak! I hope everything goes ok for you - good luck x

Thanks hun. Will try to be more optimistic .. Need to lock the toilet though to stop me going to check every half hour!
Ahh glad to hear about your little one.. :) I hope that things go well for you during the rest of your pregnancy x

Ah yeah I'm fine! I'm sending all my love to you. I hope the time passes quick and you get to see your little bean soon :) have they given you a date for a scan? It might be a while because your so early. Or are they going to check your bloods again? X

Sorry for the delay, had my mum around! I have asked for my bloods to be redone, hopefully they will sort it out next week.

I had 3 bleeding episodes during this pregnancy, and every time I went for an ultrasound to see a healthy baby. It's scary, but normal. My doctor's nurse said that she sees bleeding a lot in pregnancies, and that it's very normal. Try not to worry, get some rest and drink lots of water.

I had bleeding and a threatened miscarriage at 6 weeks, I'm now 9 weeks 2 days pregnant iv had 2 scans and baby is fine infact is growing ahead and I'm measuring slightly further along. Until you get bad cramps, and start passing large clots with tissue DON'T lose hope. It's called a threatened miscarriage because it can go either way, don't lose faith your baby could be fine. Good luck with blood tests xx and I think flu jab is fine but mention your pregnant of course xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->