Throat on 'Fire'??

WackyMumof2

Reaction score
Anyone? And what is it? Never had this before. :haha: I thought it was heartburn so took a couple of antacids and it worked - for 30 minutes. It's uncomfortable to swallow when I eat and feels 'swollen' kind of but doesn't make breathing difficult. All I can put it down to is the Old Wive's Tale that this really is heartburn and I am going to have a baby with a LOT of hair or I burnt my throat on a hot sausage roll the other day. Hubby often gets heartburn but he said that is usually situated at the top of the stomach so he's just as clueless as me.

My heartburn has always been in my throat! My son was born with a headful of hair but so far I haven't had anything this time around... I keep waiting for it because it was so bad last time.

My heartburn has just kicked in, and it's totally in my throat. I've been taking tums but they're crap, I'm better off just constantly sipping water to keep it away. Feels like I've been sucking down battery acid.

Same. I believe it's called acid reflux but is basically heartburn.. I get it pretty badly every pregnancy but not normally until third trimester. I know things that tend to trigger it.. Peanut butter, tomato based sauces and acidic things like that. If you get really desperate, milk or a milk based product will make it better for a while but there is a lot proven its a temporary thing and will come back feeling worse once it does. I was desperate last night though and had a yogurt before bed to be able to get to sleep. My midwife swears by papyus fruit or capsules helping so I may try this soon.

Oh crap. :haha: Thanks ladies. No wonder hubby couldn't figure it out as he usually gets it at the top of his stomach. Dear God, it's bloody horrible! :haha:

So then the next question, how long did it last for you all and were your babies born with a lot of hair? Curious to see how much truth is in that.

Oh crap. :haha: Thanks ladies. No wonder hubby couldn't figure it out as he usually gets it at the top of his stomach. Dear God, it's bloody horrible! :haha:

So then the next question, how long did it last for you all and were your babies born with a lot of hair? Curious to see how much truth is in that.

Well I usually had it my entire third trimesters.. Mostly in the evenings or after my trigger foods lol this time is starting much earlier so yay for me lol

So far yes.. My babies have had quite a bit of hair :) although my sister got a bunch of heartburn with all 4 of her kids and 3 of them were basically bald so not sure how much truth there is in it. I like to think this one will have a headful with all this going on lol

My son did have a ton of hair at birth but my sisters boys were the exact opposite, first pregnancy no heartburn and he had a full head of hair, second pregnancy terrible heartburn and he was completely bald haha

Yup I had it too. I have it now. Avoid spicy and acidic foods and prop your self up a bit when you lay down and that can help. I had it with my boys too. They had a full head of hair I am interested to see if this one does.

I get awful indigestion and feel it in my throat , literally feels like I'm being choked by it . Bottles of gaviscon are my best friend xxx

I get it too it's horrible. It is starting to come and go every single day now which is wonderful haha!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->