Thrush! Help!

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Hiya ladies...please help! I am approximatly 17 weeks pregnant and i am itching like crazy!!!...Forgetting to check with my GP i have used canesten for the first time today! I am so worried incase this is dangerous for my baby! Does anyone know? Please help i am panicking!!!

I'm really not all too sure if Canesten is good for your baby or not, your best bet would be to call your GP asap and find out. Good luck!

how annoying is thrush!!did you use the cream or the pesary cream/tablet? I think i might be pregnant in the TWW so i phoned my doctor yesterday because ive got thrush at the mo aswell she told me i could use the cream externally (vulva and at the entrance). She said if it didnt work to call her bcak and they wud maybe consider a pessary. I think its most important in the 1st and 3rd trimester to check what to use (think i read that somewhere). Yous hould give your doc a call because i know there are prescriptions u can get to treat thrush when your preggers!. Dont worry your probably fine but its best to check!

You should normally avoid the tablets during pregnancy because I don't think they've been tested enough. Doctors like to start you with the cream but that only eases the itching on the outside so I think they normally give you the pessary when you've passed 12 weeks. Besides thrush treatments are expensive and you can get them free from the doc when pregnant.

Hi LaDY. I had thrush a couple of weeks ago and was prescribed canestan from my doctors, i was a bit uneasy about using the pessary he prescribed but i rang and double checked with him and with the chemist and they both said it was fine to use. They just said be really careful inserting and not too far (it mentions it in the instruction leaflet also to not insert all the way in)

canestan and monistat are OK to use during pregnancy. But you do want to treat it right away because it can cause infections that can move up into your cervix and potentially cause problems. Definetely check with your doctor but from what i've been told its OK and external cream is Definetly OK to use. So get it treated ASAP. Go to the preemies forum to read more about thrush.

I was allowed to use the pessary and the external cream, I believe it's only the ones with tablets that you should avoid. Look on Canesten's site for more info or contact your GP.

Hiya ladies...please help! I am approximatly 17 weeks pregnant and i am itching like crazy!!!...Forgetting to check with my GP i have used canesten for the first time today! I am so worried incase this is dangerous for my baby! Does anyone know? Please help i am panicking!!!

only to use the canesten cream
not allowed take an oral tablets
ive used canesten cream, worked wonders for me :)

Hey thankyou for all your replys...i have started using natural yogurt down there...sounds like the safest option...cos it keeps bloody coming back!!!!! is that ok ??

i got canesten today as i think ive got it hope it goes its sooooooooooo irritating x

Its safe to use Canesten during pregnancy, as long as you check with the Pharmacist what percentage Clotrimazole stength is. You don't want anything higher than 2%. Also have the external only cream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->