thrush like symptoms last 7 days of cycle? HELP!

schnoogles

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm hoping to try and see my doctor asap, but with work and hardly any GP appointments available with less then a months notice it is tricky. So I thought I Would ask you lovely ladies whether you have any ideas!
I recently went on holiday and came home with what appeared to be thrush, I have never had it before. As the week went on it got worse, I started to bleed when I wiped and I was constantly very uncomfortable. I had a temperature and felt rough. I used the Caniston duo cream. After a week I came on my period and after that I was back to normal. Issue over I thought. Then last month I had exactly the same symptoms, used Boots pill and cream, came on my period and it went away. This is now month 3 and low and behold it is back!
I feel raw down below and totally dry. No CM at all. Last month we struggled to "be intimate" due to the dryness. It's irritated and swollen. The fever hasn't come back yet this time. Wield the last 2 weeks I came on early as well which is VERY unlike me, I am usually like clockwork. And sanitary products irritate like hell
We are TTC from Jan and I'm so worried that there is something up with me.

Has anybody ever had anything like this? Xx

Hi, I've had thrush before, and I know I've tried the pill and cream and it just didn't work, it didn't clear it. Have you tried the tablet that goes inside you, I think it's called pessary, that for me works so much better. You pop it in before bed, use a panty liner as you'll get s chalky discharge as it works, but it really is the only think that works for me. I'd also advise seeing your GP, just to rule out any other reasons. If you really struggle to get an appointment speak to the chemist, they know so much and may be able to advise. Good luck, it really is awful when it keeps coming back!! X

It's not uncommon to get thrush around the time of your period. There is just more moisture down there and the pH of your vagina changes too, which is an ideal environment for thrush to grow. I would maybe consider treating it really hard next month, using the tablet at the start and then maybe pessary and external cream after your period to wipe out anything that's still left. I'd also add in a daily probiotic to take all month, which might help prevent it in the future. You might also consider changing up what you use for your period. If you use pads, maybe consider using a different kind that might be less irritating or trap less moisture. If you use tampons, consider switching to pads and changing frequently or try a moon cup, just something that doesn't involve sticking anything fibrous up there that might encourage fungal growth. Wash all your clothes in hot water to kill anything that hangs around.

Thanks ladies, It's just so frustrating. I think I will try everything next month and try to stop it once and for all! X

I've never had thrush *knock on wood* but I do get itchy down there when I have my period. It's not too bad and in fact I was itchy this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->