Thrush treatments? Can any one help :(

Twinkle 3

Reaction score
Hi ladies this is the first time I have had thrush in a pregnancy. I m 13+1 and started with it yesterday. I have spoke to a pharmacist and they won't sell me the thrush cream until I have asked the midwife if it is ok.

Does anyone know if it's safe to use thrush creams in pregnancy?

If not is there any natural ways to get rid of it that work ?

And will it go on its own if it's not treated?

Thank you

It wont go away on it's own. Cream and pessary are safe just not the tablet. I have had no issues buying it from the pharmacy, think yours is just being awkward lol! Some people use plain natural yogurt.

I'm in the same boat. I'm not keen on taking any medications while pregnant so am going with the natural yoghurt option. You can eat it and apply it. I inserted some and smeared some on a pantyliner before bed. It's already calmed down a lot from yesterday. I'll see how I get on over the next few days before I think about other options.

I have thrush too. My midwife has given me a cream but I'm not keen on using it.
I did put some organic virgin coconut oil on the other night and that helped alot. Coconut oil is anti-fungal and that's what you need to treat thrush.

I know coconut oil is anti-fungal but I just want to say that putting it on my wotsit is something I came up with on my own. I have not been told to use it in this way by anyone but it's all natural so I guess it's ok. And it works for me. Also it must be virgin. Do not use refined or deodorised.

I had thrush last week ive had it in my other pregnancies so i brought the cream and pessary push the tablet up with ur finger dont use the things in the box to push it up, phatmacies wont sell to pregnant women to cover there own backs go to a different one and get it dont tell them ur pregnant i dont hun xx

I had it continuously through my previous two
Pregnancies, always used creams and they worked
For abit. Creams are fine, not sure about pesseries
But you could always ring and ask doc!

Thank you everyone for your advice it's been a big help. I tried the natural yogurt yesterday but it didn't help at all :( I was really hoping it would so I wouldn't have to use any creams,

I had had to ring the out of hours nurse and ask advice on the cream. She's told me the cream is fine but the pharmist wouldn't still let me have it. So Iv had to go to boots and not tell them I'm pregnant. Hopefully this will bring some relief x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->