Thrush :(

cleo2408

Reaction score
Ive got thrush :( I know its thrush as I have had it several times in my life but not since I have been pregnant. I have done some research and it seems that its safe to use pessaries and creams but I am still nervous about using them whilst pregnant. Should I just bite the bullet and buy one or is it best to speak to midwife first? (although I don't really want to bother her with something so trivial). I only have 3 weeks left and don't want to go into labour with it and risk passing it on to LO.

Has anyone else had thrush during their pregnancy and used a pessary? Were there any side effects?

Many thanks,

I've had thrush numerous times due to uti and antibiotics. I just phoned GP and requested a prescription for pessary and cream. It is expensive to uh in the shops and boots etc wont sell it to pregnant people as they advise GP needs to approve it for use in pregnancy. Last time though I just bought it from asda where you just pick it off shelf.

Was just reading up on this too. I think I have it but i am only itchy around the area and not inside at all! Was at the doc on Monday but had stomach virus so totally forgot to ask and like you, don't want to ring over something stupid. I was gonna go buy some yoghurt and try it and see how that went! Never put yoghurt there before:haha:

I spoke to midwife about it and she prescribed just the cream for me and advised they don't like pregnant women using pesserys!

I've had it twice during this pregnancy (never had it before). The 1st time the doctor prescribed me the cream and pessary, just said don't use the applicator with the pessary. The 2nd time it was a bank holiday and I bought the cream and pessary over the counter at Boots, she had to approve the sale with the pharmacist before she'd sell me the pessary.
I didn't have any side effects, it got better within 2 days both times :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->